Somethings were ment to be

Chaders

Hi All,

Now the team have got at least a 'Quick and Dirty' way to get the Seahawk into FSX I felt I had to post a couple of shots to show how nice she looks in a low hover over the new water. Hope you enjoy.

Absolutely beautiful eye candy.. But i think there should be more ripples!

regards wehyam (sheffield)

BTW what 'rig' do you use to fly it? is it a standard joystick and pedals.. I know nothing about helicopters..

Absolutely beautiful eye candy.. But i think there should be more ripples!

regards wehyam (sheffield)

BTW what 'rig' do you use to fly it? is it a standard joystick and pedals.. I know nothing about helicopters..

Hi Mate,

I use a Saitek X45 (With the spring removed), CH Pro Pedals and Track Ir to fly both Helo's and fixed wing. The Seahawk flew well in FS9 and it's just as good in FSX. The one odd thing is I seem to have some airliner style GPWS callouts now ('don't sink' etc) , not sure if I've stuffed something up somewhere porting her accross.

The water effects look a lot better in the flesh (or even with a decent screenshot artist 'NICK!!!' ;) ).

If anyones interested I've posted a 'Quick and Dirty' Video of the Seahawk. It's quite rough since I've not done any editing but it gives an idea.

Video can be found

HERE

Please right click and 'Save as' to save my bandwidth :)

Looks nice with the effect and reflecting wather. Too bad I can use the high reflection on my pc, when I do fps drop way down to below 5 :-( Not good for flying the Seahawk.

The one odd thing is I seem to have some airliner style GPWS callouts now ('don't sink' etc) , not sure if I've stuffed something up somewhere porting her accross.

I also have that with other planes I imported to fsx, like with the aerialfoundry F-18, the L :evil: go F16 and even with the pre-beta Aerosoft Viper :lol: I hope there is a way to get around that, it's pretty annoying

Vin, I ported the FA-18E Super Hornet by Daisuke Yamamoto&Hiroaki Kubota over to FSX and it works great. Even the panel and HUD work well. I haven't given it a full workout yet to find out about other features. I just have the original version with the first update that was out. AVSIM has it and aFA-18F version and some other add-ons for the plane as well. It will hold me over until Aerosoft releases it's F-16.

Now to find a decent F-14 Tomcat that works...

Looks nice with the effect and reflecting wather. Too bad I can use the high reflection on my pc, when I do fps drop way down to below 5 :-( Not good for flying the Seahawk.

I also have that with other planes I imported to fsx, like with the aerialfoundry F-18, the L :evil: go F16 and even with the pre-beta Aerosoft Viper :lol: I hope there is a way to get around that, it's pretty annoying

Hi Vin,

How's it going mate?? Just seen your signature image, you painters get all the good jobs :twisted: :lol:

With regards the GPWS callouts I'm wondering if it has to do with using Engine type 1 (Jet) in the aircraft.cfg, The std 206 has engine type 3 (Helo-turbine) under the 'GeneralEngineData' section and that doesn't have the callouts. I'm probably way off the mark but I only get these new default callouts in jet powered aircraft.

With regards the GPWS callouts I'm wondering if it has to do with using Engine type 1 (Jet) in the aircraft.cfg, The std 206 has engine type 3 (Helo-turbine) under the 'GeneralEngineData' section and that doesn't have the callouts. I'm probably way off the mark but I only get these new default callouts in jet powered aircraft.

Just done a quick test that seemed to confirm my theory. I change the Seahawks engine type to helo-turbine and the callouts disappeared, unfortunately this seems to alter the engine handling characteristics a little. So it seems from early testing that if you build any 'jet' aircraft in FSX you'll get the GPWS activated.

*EDIT*

If you don't want to mess with cfg's a simpler solution is to open up the settingscontrolsbuttons menu in FSX. If you select 'systems' in the event category drop down you'll find an assignment called 'GPWS(Toggle)' just assign a key to this and you'll be able to silence the GPWS system at will.

Hope this helps fellow Seahawk flyers :D

• 2 weeks later...

I would enjoy that, but i am still tweaking the heck outa the fsx i have. I seemed to be able to get the fps back up to 20 but it seems if i change a slider 1 tiny bit.bammm right back to 5-10 fps. But i would love to go flying helis