"Fuel required exceeds..."

I have patched my install to v1.18, but I still suffer from the "fuel required exceeds fuel capacity"-error when I try to plan a flight for a custom airplane (aerosoft twin otter x).

I understand this is a known error, which should have been fixed?

So what exactly do I have to do?

Is it a problem with the program, or the custom airplane I created?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, here's the flight

p8qMbWs.png

I expected 171.4nm to be well within limits? Is it the combined distances for the alternates that cause the problem? (edit: no, tried removing them all, and still get the error)

Here's the aircraft data

R71uNlc.png

IIRC these numbers were kindly provided by someone at this very forum, although I'm not sure. Have tried to remove some of the burn data, but without results. Have also set the fuel capacity to match the maximum in the fuel planning tool.

• 3 months later...

Greetings,

I am having this issue for sometime now and just updated to 1.21 and it still happens.

Aircraft: Aerosoft Airbus A321

Route: KJFK to KLAX

It only happens with the Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321.

Is there some step that I am missing?

Rdgs,

I use to have this issue on coast to coast flights. In the OFP I was enter an altitude that was specific like 36000. I just left the altitude at default which I believe is optimum. With the altitude left at default PFPX calculated the fuel needed. Which was considerably less than capacity.

• 1 month later...

I too am having this issue, only started in the last couple of months and it only seems to happen when i specify step altitudes.

Archived