MCDU Active Data Base

cgentil

Hi,

In MCDU Active and secondary database, if I have Navigraph, one is Navigraph for active and secondary is NavDataPro, I guess before the secondary database was the previous cycle.

1st Resuming, now the active is from January to February (Navigraph) and Secondary is from September to October (NavDataPro).

2nd So the active should not be from January to February (Navigraph) and Secondary from December to January (Navigraph) which was backed up when installed new cycle.

I guess previously was right (2nd).

Well, I was doing more tests today and definitely if you are using Navigraph the secondary will be NavDataPro and if using NavDataPro the secondary will be Navigraph. It doesn't recognize previous backed up cycles (which would make more sense).

So if I only use Navigraph I will have always the secondary as NavDataPro which is 1410, will be always very out of date.

My suggestion is to add into configurator to choose the secondary database: Navigraph or NavDataPro, I guess is the best solution.

I guess it's quite easy to do this, basically is same as active database.

I'm sorry Chirag, but that's not planned at the moment. You could try and copy the outdated Navigraph data into the navdatapro database folder, but no promise this will work, or may even brake something. As usual, always make a safe backup of the other data first!

Archived