Fuel planner doesn't change FOB

sunside

So, I bought the A318/A319 and I am trying to do the tutorial. Unfortunately, it doesn't correspond to what I am getting right from the start in chapter 4 (flight preparation). I fail to load the fuel settings from the "Aerosoft Airbus X Fuel Planner". This is what I do:

- Start the fuel planner tool

- Enter the required data as per the tutorial

- Click "Generate Loadsheet" (nothing apparent happens)

- Click "Fly now!" in FSX

- FOB on the E/WD shows "19140 kg" and not "6869 kg" as it should according to my loadsheet

Then the MCDU 2 is dark. In order to connect power, I am supposed to:

- Turn on Battery 1+2 - fine, but the switch is dark, I can switch if "OFF" with a right click, but there is no "ON" state as per the tutorial. Maybe according to the dark cockpit concept, this is supposed to mean ON, but...

- Turn external power to "ON". Here I can click but nothing happens

I feel like I am missing something here. Either I am too stupid or the plane doesn't behave as in the tutorial?

Cheers

Hi,

On the right MCDU click on "load/fuel". On the load and fuel menu you will see on the LSK6 "INIT Loadsheet". Click on that then click on RSK4 to "LOAD Instant". That's a quick and easy way to load it once you've generated your loadsheet.

As for the second part of your post, do you mean the right MCDU isn't on at all? If so, please show us some screenshots of your steps and what you see, as that is not normal if you have the power on.

Thank you for the reply. Actually, on starting up my sim PC today, it complained that Windows was somehow unhappy and wanted to restore a previous state! :unsure: This also reverted a few changes that I had made to the panel.cfg in order to make it work on my 4 screen setup. That has also fixed the issue with the right MCDU, which was indeed black before as the only screen in the cockpit.

So, now I have tried to follow the steps that you described for loading the fuel, but to no avail. I have generated the loadsheet, and I found the settings that I had chosen again under "Init Loadsheet" in the right MCDU (80 pax, 6.86 MT of fuel). But then, after clicking on RSK4 "Load Instant", the E/WB still shows too much fuel. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have to wait longer for the fuel truck to arrive?

I also made 2 screenshots if that helps:

post-123378-0-28236200-1417472088_thumb.

post-123378-0-07522500-1417472113_thumb.

Thank you in advance.

Of course! How could I try without the parking brake, thank you. Luckily nothing serious happened. ;) Now I have got the fuel and pax I wanted. Making progress.

Archived