A320 "Flaps 1" call after Flaps 1 takeoff

kevinh

On my first A320 flight I selected Flaps 1 for takeoff in the left MCDU. I was using checklists and the PNF was active. Shortly after taking off, with airspeed still well below S, the PF called "Flaps 1" and the PNF responded "Speed checked, Flaps 1". But the flaps were already there (at 1+F). After accelerating to above S Flaps Up was called and the flaps retracted.

It behaved as if I had done a Flaps 2 or Flaps 3 takeoff and the flaps were being retracted to 1 when above the F speed.

Kevin

No idea what could have caused such behaviour. Which ACFT STATE did you use to start with? Who set the flaps - was it part of the checklist and done by the copilot or did you accentitally set the flaps yourself to 2? If you can reproduce this issue than please send us some screenshots so that we can get an idea of your settings....

Regards,

Rolf

The default state was Turn Around. I set the flaps manually to 1 before taxi. I had checklists selected and the PNF was active, but I was selecting some items in advance of the checklist. Flaps were still showing 1+F during takeoff roll. Nothing happened to the flaps when the "Flaps 1" aural calls occurred. I'll try and reproduce with screenshots.

Kevin

edit: Tried twice to reproduce this using exactly the same flight plan, but all worked OK.

Thanks, but just one advice: Always follow the CL sequence and don't do CL-items in advance........ It may confuse the program because it expects something to be done and then nothing happens (even that it checks all settings before it proceeds).

Regards,

Rolf

Archived