FPS decreasing dramatically when WX is on

Mik75

Hi there!

I really enjoy flying the new baby busses a lot! Great work, inside an out, and the additional detail on the FMGC and the ND is absolutely fantastic!

One small issue remains unsolved for me. I tried the suggestions made in several threads (WXbackgroundscan=0, etc), the Airbus, FSUIPC and ASN are installed in their most recent version, and everything is fine as long as the WX radar is turned off (frame rates are comparable to the AAX and other addon a/c). Depending on the scenery and the weather conditions, I get 22-30 FPS in the A318/319. With the WX radar turned on, the FPS drop by 10 to around 12-18. Is that a normal behaviour?

I already tried reinstalling ASN SP1 and the Airbus, but nothing changed.

My system specs are:

i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz

16 GB CL9 RAM

GTX 670 2 GB

all installed on SSD

Win 7 64 bit

The settings in FSX aren't maxed out with traffic turned off completey and max. cloud layers are set to 5 within ASN and I use REX4 with min. resolution clouds.

I use FSX in DX10 (with the DX10 fixer)

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

• Aerosoft

We would not consider that normal because we only see it with a few customers, all of whom have seem to have ASN installed. Exactly what causes it is not known to us. Keep in mind we just 'read' the weather in FSX, there is not manipulation of any kind.

Please follow up on this here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/87224-framerate-issues-combination-topic-revisited/

Archived