Odd issue that recently cropped up on the ND display...

viperxbr

Greetings,

I just noticed this the last few flights. Can anyone tell what the problem is here?

This is RWY 29 at CYYT (St. John's, NFLD):

post-43944-0-66317500-1415156819_thumb.j

Now this is RWY 27R at EGLL. First one is 20x and the second one is 10x:

post-43944-0-38314000-1415156832_thumb.j

post-43944-0-96201300-1415156857_thumb.j

Let me know if anyone can see the issue.

Cheers!

Answer is the direction of the runway relative to the compass rose on the ND display.

The best example is Heathrow RWY 27. That runway should be horizontal, pointing west (270 degrees) on the ND in plan mode. It's not, it's pointing just south of 270, probably around 250 degrees.

I can tell this by how much CYYT runway 29 (290 degrees) is actually displayed as 270 on compass rose. That's 20 degrees left or counter clockwise on the compass.

I'm seeing this with all airports. This is just an example. I've done the registry fix already but did not resolve it.

Short of completely unistalling/re-installing the aircraft, anyone have any ideas? If I do re-install it, I'll run with the version previous to 1.12c and see if I see this issue.

Thanks.

Ah, you know what it might be? It may be taking in the magnetic variation at CYYT, which is 21°W, into effect for both departure and arrival airports. When I spawn at EGLL, the orientation of the runways on the ND compass is correct with only a 2.2°W variation.

Weird...

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm going to just respond to this thread so it doesn't appear that you're talking to yourself :)

Lol.

I will check if I also have this on my next sim flight.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not have these problems with my build. But because I am flying the internal beta's it could very well be that new code corrected this.

Just let us know if you have this problem also at other airports.

Archived