A318/A319 CTD during flight

Flyfox

This is just a theory of mine so bear with me.

I mentioned above that my CTDs stopped when I disabled AVG. My AVG has a pop up box that appears when it starts and ends a scan. In my opinion it was this pop up box that was interrupting FSX. Why only on the Airbus though? Well as we know it is very graphics heavy and the pop could be just enough to tip it over the edge.

So does anyone who is having any CTDs have any other application that could have a box open during operation in the background? As I say this is only a theory to try and eliminate all possibilities.

However, it does seem to be something that is putting a moments load on the system to make it crash be it the sim trying to load heavier terrain or a background application in Windows.

• Aerosoft

I did a fresh, clean FSX installation when I changed from HDD to SSD half a year ago. W7 and FSX are on the same SSD, which works flawlessly with many addon aircraft (including Airbus Extended), sceneries and utilities. Not one of all the aircraft causes CTDs. Why should I re-install everything again with huge effort, just because a single aircraft addon does not work as it is supposed to? This advice is probably meant well, but really doesn't make sense at all. Any constructive help is welcome, but the simple advice for a "clean install" is just disappointing.

But it works for tens of thousands of people and not on yours, so it seems incredibly unlikely that we have a bug that happens only on your system. We gave you all the advise we could think of. If the only thing that will solve it for sure is disappointing I am sorry, but I am not sure what you expect from us. The issue is caused by something on your local system so the fix has to be something on your local system.

• Aerosoft

This is just a theory of mine so bear with me.

I mentioned above that my CTDs stopped when I disabled AVG. My AVG has a pop up box that appears when it starts and ends a scan. In my opinion it was this pop up box that was interrupting FSX. Why only on the Airbus though? Well as we know it is very graphics heavy and the pop could be just enough to tip it over the edge.

But there have to be thousands of users that use the bus with AVG so while it may have solved it on your system I doubt there is a real connection there.

Of course we will always advise not to use a virusscanner while simming because scanning all textures etc simply delays things a lot.

Apologies if you have already considered this but I note that in your first upload the faulting module was uiautomationcore.dll. Do you have the correct version of this installed in FSX? I hope I'm not teaching my grandmother to suck eggs on this but it's a remote possibility. I know that when I used FSX this module gave me CTDs. I read in another forum that the correct version is 6.0.6001.18000 in your FSX root, although that isn't gospel.

PS Have you tried altering your Virtual Memory to the maximum recommended size?

Thanks for the tip! Actually, I have tried several possible versions of auiautomationcore.dll (including the one you mentioned) but have found no difference. Removing this dll file from my FSX directory did not have any positive or negative consequence either.

Yes, my virtual memory is already optimized and should not cause any problem.

But it works for tens of thousands of people and not on yours, so it seems incredibly unlikely that we have a bug that happens only on your system. We gave you all the advise we could think of. If the only thing that will solve it for sure is disappointing I am sorry, but I am not sure what you expect from us. The issue is caused by something on your local system so the fix has to be something on your local system.

I don't doubt this and I had no intention to criticize your product at all (actually, I like it a lot!). But your advice to reinstall FSX is simply not realistic, if you have a complex setup with numerous addons, which actually works fine with everything except the A318/A319. You had asked me to upload an FSX mindump through ProcessExplorer. Did you have a chance to look at it?

What I did in the meantime: I uninstalled the A318/A319 again, removed all remainings and reinstalled it. The following two flights were successful, but the third consecutive flight (without FSX restart) finally ended with a CTD. If I can do at least one leg without problem each time, I will certainly accept having to restart FSX before the next leg. I will see.

• Aerosoft

We looked at your dump file and it does not show any special things, it just shows FSX crashed. Now that together with the fact you need to fly one leg without problems but need to reset after that are rather strong indications that a memory issue is involved. Something is leaking memory. Now we done exhaustive tests on that (in one occasion the bus was flying for over 100 hours non stop) and never found any indications of that.

I fully understand and respect your comment on re-installing FSX. I have one machine where the PMDG 777 simply won't run, but it is not worthwhile resetting that system because of that. Even though I am convinced it will solve the issues.

Thanks a lot, Mathijs! I not only enjoy Aerosoft's great products for virtual pilots a lot but also your professional support.

I will give special attention to the memory management regarding this issue. Please allow me one more question: Is there any significant difference between your Airbus Extended and the A318/A319 regarding the memory requirement? The Extended never caused a CTD on my system so far. And I am still hesitating whether to replace the Extended by the new A320/A321.

Of course, I will report back in case of any new findings or conclusions, hoping to enjoy many more flights with this amazing baby bus!

It looks, as if my problem was finally solved. By searching through several threads about all kinds of problems with FSX I found a thread about a faulty simconnect. I tried my luck, started the latest simconnect.msi and chose "repair". Et voilĂ ! No CTD any longer (at least so far, after a few more flight legs). Consequently, I removed my Airbus Extended and replaced it by your brandnew Airbus 320/321, Ver. 1.10. And BINGO, everything works as expected ... without any painful reinstallation. I am another happy (virtual) Airbus pilot. Thanks to everybody for your support!

I just want to confirm that my CTD problem with the new A318...A321 is definitely solved. Although I had not noticed any problem with simconnect (I always use Aivlasoft's EFB, which also connects through simconnect), something in simconnect must have caused these CTDs while communicating with the airbus. So, if you are ever faced with sudden CTDs you might give the simconnect a quick look. As mentioned above, an attempt to re-install simconnect and then chose the option "repair" solved the problem.

Archived