NDA lifted

• Aerosoft

Microsoft just informed us the NDA for the beta is lifted so I can now tell you I have NOT flown FS2004 for fun in over 5 months and the first code of FSx arrived on my disk a loooong time ago. So I (we) am (are) able to speak more freely now.

The base line (and I share this feeling with 99.5% of all betatesters), FSx will wipe out FS2004 but you will have to swallow the hardware requirements that you need to enjoy it really.

The base line (and I share this feeling with 99.5% of all betatesters), FSx will wipe out FS2004 but you will have to swallow the hardware requirements that you need to enjoy it really.

At te moment im agreeing with Adolf. ( :lol: ) Im not one of the 0.5 and i havent even tried the demo. my decision rests on if MS have slower machines covered and how quickly updates for my addons come. (particully scenery, as im not happy with how the defualt ones look. Just like the current ones with some airbridges and AEV7 installed.)

As i said havent played the demo, but screenshots form MS were looking great...and then i saw the user (BETA Teasters) ones.

Care to elaborate on what you feel will be needed to run FSX decently? And also what your system specs are on the PC you were running the FSX beta as well as how well it ran on that system?

Thks in advance Mathjis.

• Aerosoft
Care to elaborate on what you feel will be needed to run FSX decently? And also what your system specs are on the PC you were running the FSX beta as well as how well it ran on that system?

Thks in advance Mathjis.

There are three parts of your system that really matter, CPU, GPU and memory. I also added a 10.000 rpm harddisk because as a tester/developer you have to start FS a lot, as just a user that would be less an issue. I will be using this:

Core 2 Duo E6400 (2133 MHz)

DIMM 2 GB

Radeon X1900XT (512 MB GDDR3)

This will get me smooth FPS, something between 60 fps (unlimited) to 20 fps hovering over the Boxer (thats the biggest framerate killer I got loaded). Over Manhattan I can't get it below 35 fps. All this at HIGH settings, but with limited car traffic and no bloom (in beta3 bloom causes very high fps drop.

As this is the same hardware MS uses internally, I see the same they do. Just look what I ended up with as I turned onto the EDDF run way this morning...

• Aerosoft
Hello,

A question about GPU what would a 12Mo PhysX card by ageia improve ?

Thanks in advance

Nothing, totally nothing as FSx does not support that hardware and it is not yet (probably never will) part of any Direct X set of API's. The money is FAR better spend on a stronger CPU.

Now that is one of my questions answered.

Thanks m8!

Now one more:

Based on your experience, 2 or 4 gig RAM? Can FSX use extra RAM if it is available, and more importantly, how much is it using before you start adding-on, er addons..?

• Aerosoft
Thanks,

So I will spend my money on Core2 6800 Extreme edition instead

Thanks

roland

I moved the hardware talk to a special message: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=46499#46499...

Explain there why you are willing to spend a lot that CPU.... it costs an arm and a leg!