Anyone knows what file is the sound of the checklist ping?

tup61

I'd like to turn the checklist PING off because I don't need it and I keep on thinking something is wrong somewhere whenever I hear it. It sounds like an alarm to me! ;) So I thought the easiest way to 'turn it off' is to replace the file with a silent file. Anyone here knows which file, if possible, I should replace? (Would removing do the trick too?) Or is there another (more official way to turn it off?

I thought it would be in Sound_ASC but I've just looked and it's not there. Neither is it in the FSX/Sound directory.

Perhaps it's embedded into a gauge that runs the Checklist system; my guess is, it may be part of the gauges suite, in :-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_MCDU2

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is the file......

\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Sound_ASC\ASC_Beep.wav

Regards,

Rolf

This is the file......

\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Sound_ASC\ASC_Beep.wav

Regards,

Rolf

Great, thanks!

EDIT

Gave it a try, works like a charm!!! No more (annoying, sorry ;) ) beep! :)

For those who are interested: I've attached a silent wav to use. BACKUP the original first, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASC_Beep.wav

Archived