OV-10 Bronco

Scout

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm,

Almost 200 views and not a single answer to your question. . .does that tell you anything Scout? lol! I've given up on this one being produced any time soon, especially with FSX almost here. I'd say mid summer of 2007 maybe, that's if FSX conversions of present models doesn't take up the bulk of their time once folks start realizing that pre-FSX aircraft aren't converting as hoped.

This is one of my all-time favorite airplanes and Tim Conrad (for the time being) has the best (and only) model available. These guys have a great model on the board, but it's been shelved for other projects to be completed and with what I mentioned above, I expect it will continue to be shelved.

• Aerosoft
Hmmmm,

Almost 200 views and not a single answer to your question. . .does that tell you anything Scout? lol! I've given up on this one being produced any time soon, especially with FSX almost here. I'd say mid summer of 2007 maybe, that's if FSX conversions of present models doesn't take up the bulk of their time once folks start realizing that pre-FSX aircraft aren't converting as hoped.

This is one of my all-time favorite airplanes and Tim Conrad (for the time being) has the best (and only) model available. These guys have a great model on the board, but it's been shelved for other projects to be completed and with what I mentioned above, I expect it will continue to be shelved.

We never gave out any dates, but I am sorry we missed the request for more info. The project is indeed linked to FSx right now. Sumnmer 2007 would mean it will be SERIOUSLY late however.

Hey Mathjis,

I hoped that would get some kind of response. I like your style and you've always been pretty straight with us, as much as possible, but I know FSX is taking a large amount of time for the reasons I mentioned, so I'm sticking with my assumption for now and if you guys pop it out to the "Store" before that, I'll be a very happy camper and admit my misgivings were misplaced.

All the best!!

• 6 months later...
Hmmmm,

Tim 'Piglet' Conrad is making a complete new freeware model for FS2004 if you're not flying FSX... :)

Yep,

Been watching the thread at Sim-Outhouse. I'll be retiring next month however and that will probably herald the end of my Flight Sim days.

All the best to you Kofi.

Yea, you'd think that would be the case, but not for me. I'll be going from a very nice paycheck twice a month to minimum wage if I'm lucky. I was never very good at saving and now I'll reap the effects of that. A lot of what I have now will be gone in a month or so.

True retirement is for those who were diligent and saved every cent they could along the way, investing wisely as they did. For those who didn't, it's a case of going from a nice paying job to anything they can get, especially at age 60.

Hey Guys,

I got a chance to go up in a OV-10 Bronco when I was in ROTC. It was no F-14 Tomcat, but it was kinda neat! We pulled about 4 Gs and I felt every one of 'em. :x

Interesting thing about the OV-10, according to the Air Force pilot who took me up, is that the OV-10 is notorious for causing nausea in those who are in it. Taking the 'stick' certainly helps when in the Bronco.

The captain who took me up said he even still gets a little queasy every now and again. He said it was an inherent aspect of the way the Bronco flies.

That was a great flight nonetheless!

~ Darrin

• 5 months later...

I too am a Bronco enthusiast, and DO recommend it's production, AND IF ANY...I MEAN ANY research material needed, I have it from deminsions to capacities, with all due respect to Mr. Conrads model, it's ok but not great, not enough fuel tanks, dash is totally incorrect on "A" as well as "D"..... AND if their are ANY model builders out there who would like to do a Bronco project, I could use the help, I couldn't model for crap, but I am a heck of a panel builder (a,b,d,e,f model completed), my original model Builder, has been re-assigned to Iraq compliments of Uncle Sam........ p.s. out sponsor is the OBA (OV10 Bronco Association)........... My Invite is open you may email me qq2ofus@msn.com use Bronco as subject line Johnny :shock: :shock:

• Aerosoft
I too am a Bronco enthusiast, and DO recommend it's production, AND IF ANY...I MEAN ANY research material needed, I have it from deminsions to capacities, with all due respect to Mr. Conrads model, it's ok but not great, not enough fuel tanks, dash is totally incorrect on "A" as well as "D"..... AND if their are ANY model builders out there who would like to do a Bronco project, I could use the help, I couldn't model for crap, but I am a heck of a panel builder (a,b,d,e,f model completed), my original model Builder, has been re-assigned to Iraq compliments of Uncle Sam........ p.s. out sponsor is the OBA (OV10 Bronco Association)........... My Invite is open you may email me qq2ofus@msn.com use Bronco as subject line Johnny :shock: :shock:

I made a note on this. The A10 is still on the planning, but as it is done by the same team as the Catalina that has to be completed first.

I made a note on this. The A10 is still on the planning, but as it is done by the same team as the Catalina that has to be completed first.

If this is the *same team* that I think it is, then they're very busy with a lot of FSX projects. Don't expect anything in the near future.