Dublin airport performance - hardware upgrade

Hi,

my current hardware setup is

i5 2500 (non K) - 3,3 ghz (boost 3,7)

gtx 770 2gb

corsair xms 3 4gb xmx4gx3m2a1600c9 (have removed 4 more giga due to a problem)

corsair cx600 psu

u2713HM 27'' 2560 x 1440

trackir

I enjoy to flight to aerosoft dublin airport but i get poor framerates when i am on final - takeoff (low 10's, single digits) and on taxi (low - middle 10's).

I' m using pmdg 737ngx, FTX EU Ireland, ASN, REX4 (very heavy configuration).

Framerates are almost steady, regardless the resolution i'm using (from 1280 X 1024 up to 2560 X 1440 - cpu bottleneck?).

Graphic settings are High (not maxed out), traffing settings are low.

Also, i installed the airport in 1024 textures.

In other airports (UK200 stansted + ftx england) i get little bit better frames.

So i'm considering to upgrade my cpu / MoBo with the following items

i7 4790K (4,0 Ghz, - 4,4 turbo boost)

MSI Z97 GAMING 5

Should i expect to see a significant performance boost?

Could someone with similar hardware / Software setup post his concrete frame numbers? (around Dublin airport).

Perhaps, if i upgrade later the psu i will try to overclock with the MoBo supported OC option.

Thanks

Indeed upgrading those will boost performance. Also I might add that 3.3 Ghz is a little too low for Flight Simulator X with those addons installed. I use Flight Simulator X at a 4.3 Ghz overclock and I struggle to get past 20 FPS at airports like Amsterdam and Frankfurt as well as Dublin. I suggest getting a liquid cooler or a high end air one and over locking to at least 3.6 Ghz. The excellent GPU you have will compensate for the rest of the FPS shortage.

Archived