jayhawk upgrade

kdfw

Hi,

I paid $38 for the Seahawk (I just saw this price is now lower) and now I have to pay an additional $19 to get the Jayhawk updated?

I've purchased through Simmarket so my copy is registered, isn't there a better way to keep an old customer happy while expanding the base for Jayhawk users with the $19 entry fee?

$57 is rather steep, considering PMDG744 sets the standard for high fidelity FS addons.

Thanks,

Pat

Hi pat, take a look a few threads above:

"Redhawk wrote:

mathjiskok wrote:

Redhawk wrote:

Hello Mathjis

Looks fantastic.

My question as a proud owner of the Seahawk. How will this be handled, will this be an upgrade to previous owners or will this come to additional costs?

Thanks.

It will be 17.20 Euro (plus tax when you live in the EEC) in the standard version and 12.89 Euro (plus tax when you live in the EEC) if you own the Seahawk.

Mathjis

Thanks for the answer, waiting for the release, getting the Seahawk its brother. Very Happy

Regards

In fact, the answer has been overhauled. It seemed that there was no reliable way of handling all the online sales, we had to include the simMarket sales and boxed orders. Most boxed customers have not registered their copies so it would be hard for them anyway.

We have decided to use only one price, but we lowered that to 15 Euro (plus VAT when applicable). So for 'new' customers it is a bit less, for customers of Seahawk it is a bit more. A fair solution. Sorry for the confusion, the move to the new shop is not one that goes without some 'issues' to solve, this was just one of them. We (I) should have forseen it, so our apologies for this change at the last moment. "

You can read the whole thread here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=8052

Jayhawk is a stand alone for new users--I envy them.

For me, I already have the Jayhawk with the exact same FD and cockpit that came with the Seahawk for $38.

Too bad, I should've waited 2 months before buying.

Pat

If you consider the Seahawk a top quality product (as it is really), then you must not believe it wasn't worth it.

Then again the market evolves, eventually some prices get cut, others rise.

I purchased FS2004 for 60 Euros!!! Now I can buy it for 30 Euros... Should I consider I should have bought it now? No!

Seahawk comes with several models (at least 3), the highly detailed Boxer and, even though I was the platform for this new Jay, we're talking about distinct products.

The Jayhawk is a STAND ALONE product FOR ALL USERS. Including those with a previous Seahawk installation. Did you listen to it? NEW SOUNDKIT is one of the enhancements for this new package. An exclusive enhancement!

Jayhawk is a stand alone for new users--I envy them.

For me, I already have the Jayhawk with the exact same FD and cockpit that came with the Seahawk for $38.

Too bad, I should've waited 2 months before buying.

Pat

I have to agree with you Pat, I envy them also, they get the better deal. While I respect the fact that Aerosoft can set the price at whatever they want, 2 prices would have been more fair. I love the seahawk and fly the jayhawk version the most. I also use it along with some great freware AI and static cutters, so I can't see a reason to get this one as this price, sorry. My loss, I know.

If you are going on the "it's a standalone product" bandwagon, then that shows poor marketing judgment as you already have a competing product that is very, very similar at a high price, which limits users.

Hi Michael,

I've looked for landable cutters but haven't found one, if you're kind enough to point me to them, I'd appreciate it.

I, too, enjoy the Seahawk/Jayhawk but the new expansion doesn't make financial sense for me.

I'd still recommend these helis ($20 version for sure), as I have on numerous times on Avsim.

Pat

If you are going on the "it's a standalone product" bandwagon, then that shows poor marketing judgment as you already have a competing product that is very, very similar at a high price, which limits users.

I personally have no problems with this pricing point. Look at what you pay for most add-ons (of much lesser quality), just about $20-25. Obviously that is not counting the extreme products like PMDG.

Aerosoft has to at least try to make a profit on what they sell, if they didn't they would be gone. From what I have been seeing surrounding this release it sounds like some people want a system similar to that of Captain Sim. Buy in parts. OK, I already have the Seahawk so I should just be able to buy the model for the Jayhawk and alais it to the panel that I already have.

And from what I have heard about CS's strategy, it looks like most people don't like it (at least those who post in forums). Yet it sounds like people want it in this case. A Catch 22 if you ask me.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that AO puts out some of the best products on the market. They even listen to their customers and implement some of the ideas. Not to mention the incredible support they provide. Instead of saying "oh, it's a local machine problem, nothing we can do about it", they try to solve each and every problem. Even if it does affect only one person's product. You can't say that about many other developers.

Like I said, I personally have no problem with this price. $20 is not unreasonable, in my opinion. I'm sure this argument will continue on, but I have said my peace.

Happy 4th of July!

Hi Michael,

I've looked for landable cutters but haven't found one, if you're kind enough to point me to them, I'd appreciate it.

I, too, enjoy the Seahawk/Jayhawk but the new expansion doesn't make financial sense for me.

I'd still recommend these helis ($20 version for sure), as I have on numerous times on Avsim.

Pat

Take a look into the manual, you´ll have to place the cutter by yourself.

IT IS a standalone (it works without the Seahawk).

There is no limitation. People who previously bought the Seahawk are buying the Jay as people who are new costumers are buying just the Jay or Just the Seahawk.

Don't forget the Seahawk has a boxed version. Reducing the boxed price would be suicidal. Reducing the download version would also create differences in both products and that would also be suicidal.

The Jayhawk was (TO BENEFIT ALL) released at a lowered price. Would we still be complaining if they both have the same price? THEN we would be talking about consumer confusion.

Furthermore, I think anybody's evaluation of marketing or sales is purely speculative, as no one has access to aeroSoft sales and I honestly believe one should pay attention on how one of the biggest addon companies operate in market terms.

But, hey!, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Just don't create confusion.

• Aerosoft
Hi,

I paid $38 for the Seahawk (I just saw this price is now lower) and now I have to pay an additional $19 to get the Jayhawk updated?

I've purchased through Simmarket so my copy is registered, isn't there a better way to keep an old customer happy while expanding the base for Jayhawk users with the $19 entry fee?

$57 is rather steep, considering PMDG744 sets the standard for high fidelity FS addons.

Thanks,

Pat

I do not agree with your logic, but I respect your decision. But consider this;

- it is NOT an update or a paid fix, it is a fully stand alone product. The Jayhawk in the previous release was in fact a free addon we added later, it was not in the original release.

- it has complete new features, like the shipyard.

- it has a fully new high detail ship, with all the correct lighting etc

- if you did not have the Seahawk it is very low cost at 15 Euro, point me to any helicopter that has all these features and additional items that even comes close.

In fact the ONLY thing that it shares with the Seahawk are the gauges. Now I would have loved to offer Seahawk users a lower price, but in our experience boxed users do not register so we can not offer those people the lower online cost. There were also problems with simMarket users and we were chanching our shop at the same time. So I decided to lower the price for all users and hoping to keep everybody happy.

All in all I believe I can justify the 15 euro we ask for it. If you do not have the Seahawk it is smashing value for money, if you do have the Seahawk the value for money is certainly reasonable. If you are happy with the Jayhawk in Seahawk & Boxer and the respectable freeware cutters available, that's fine with us. We are happy you bought the Seahawk after all!