Another Coast Guard question

Skinny

Just wondering...

Is there a limit to how many ships can be placed in different locations? And do they stay there on a permanent basis?

For example, can I place say 10 or more of them around some of my payware sceneries and then they'll always be there when I go to those locations?

I have around 20 carriers placed in FS9 and they're always there whenever I want to use them, so I'm hoping it's the same with the Coast Guard 'locator' app.

I'd like to just 'set' it and then 'forget' it.

Puppy

You place it, it will stay there unless you either revert the BGL ( the compiler makes a backup) or erase the bgl (not recomended). If you do neither then the Cutter will remain there just like the boxer.

• Aerosoft
Just wondering...

Is there a limit to how many ships can be placed in different locations? And do they stay there on a permanent basis?

For example, can I place say 10 or more of them around some of my payware sceneries and then they'll always be there when I go to those locations?

I have around 20 carriers placed in FS9 and they're always there whenever I want to use them, so I'm hoping it's the same with the Coast Guard 'locator' app.

I'd like to just 'set' it and then 'forget' it.

Puppy

Like Jon wrote, after it is placed it is standard scenery code, nothing special to it. Every ship has it's own airport code CG00* so you will be able to find it easy as well.

Guest ToniJH80

Hi, i just wanted to say a BIG Thank You Aerosoft, im going to buy this Coast Guard package on Monday..all look's good :)

Just a follow-up...

I've been working with it since last night and the screenshots don't do it justice!

What I mean by that is you can't 'screenie' the fun factor of a program. :wink:

I'm using a world map and I'm placing ships in all of the locations where I do most of my flying. As an example, I placed one just a few miles from Orcas Island. Now I can fly from the runway, to the cutter, then try to land!?! :D and then return to Orcas. My heli flying abilities aren't the best, so I tend to use the autopilot quite a bit.

It's an excellent program and it's really easy and simple to use.

I own the 'Boxer' package, so I had to really think as to whether this would be worth buying since I already have the Seahawk. In my opinion it's a worthwhile investment since you're free to put ships in any location you like and you get the extra goodies that come with the new Jayhawk.

Puppy