Checklist voice sounds and various sound bugs

Doogie

Hi there, I had not flown the airbus in a while and since I had, I had installed an Asus soundcard into my machine.

I have noticed another user experiencing the same issues. Everything is great up to the point where the PNF says starting engine 2, PF calls engine 2 stabilized then sounds and checklists just start messing up. I also notice a lot of switch click sounds and the ATC sounds disappear.

I have tried switching devices in FSX and windows, 2 complete clean re installs of the bus but still no joy.

When installing the Asus PCI sound card I had to disable on board audio in the BIOS and un install the Realtek on board sound drivers.

My sound card drivers are up to date so I really can not think of anything else on how to fix this annoying issue. I have no issues with audio in FSX with any other add ons so its not my system. I also use Traktor Pro DJing software and various video editing software without any issue.

As I`m not the first user to report this issue I think it needs further investigation on the developer side as I have tried everything apart from going back to onboard audio, there is no way in hell I`m doing that due to the fact no other piece of software on my machine gives me issues.

This is not a game breaker the aircraft can still be flown but its an immersion killer.

Kind regards

Doogie

Hi Doogie,

sorry but no idea what could cause your very specific sound problems. If your FSX Windows sound devices are correct then the only possibility I see is the AXE installation escpecially the folder Sound_ASC. There should be 422 files ....... Please check again .....

Regards,

Hanse

Thanks for the info Hans, I`ve just checked and only have 413 sound files in that folder. How did that happen? Maybe my AV kicking in and blocking some on install? I install everything as admin with FSX on its own drive and UAC off. I also know my way around FSX pretty well so I knew something was not right. After 2 days of trouble shooting and redownlading the bus I thought it time to ask for help.

Would it be possible for you to zip up your copy of that folder and send me it? to save me the hastle of re-installation and it not working again. If not I could maybe ask a friend to send me it.

Kind regards Doogie

Edit....MSE my AV is not showing as blocking or deleting any of the files.

Doogie, the difference might be explained that I have the current development version on my system and maybe we added some new calls / sounds since the last release. But my first idea was that you may have much less files and that this might be the reason for your problems. So we can exclude this. So the other reasons for your problems might be the program files you need to run the checklist functions. I only can advise you to check this by completley uninstalling the AXE (using the Windows function) again and then to newly install the AXE and the hotfix. If the problem still remains it is no AXE related problem and something is wrong with your hardware sound setup.......

Regards,

Hanse

For me to get all the sounds, I have to start my computer with sound set to headset as default, then once fsx and the Airbus is loaded, I change to speakers as default and then it works perfectly

I also have 413 files in sound folder and my sound card is also ASUS Xonar DG Audio

Derek

This must be an Ausus Xonar DG Audio problem.

I`ve tried another clean install and still no joy. Right around the engine start sequence things start to go wonky. Only get bits of checklist and various click sounds not working. It was a complete clean install with registry clean in between. Its just strange that it works at first all the way through cockpit prep. I`ve tried with and without GSX, I thought maybe because GSX runs on OpenAL that it might have been taking focus from FSX but that's not it.

I`ve also excluded all Aerosoft folders in my AV from real time protection and every other option I can think off. I don't have any other sound devices listed in windows device manager so I now give up on this.

I`ll just use it without checklists from now on and will see what happens the next time I do a complete format of W7 but that will not be any time soon as everything else on my PC and FSX has no sound issues. :/

Ah well thanks anyway guys

Kind regards Doogie

Doogie, maybe this is a workaround if you have a newer graficcard, a display (both with HDMI) and a display with a sound "output":

• Connect the graficcard and the display with a HDMI-cable (includes sound)
  • Connect your speakers using the sound output of your display
  • Set the SOUND settings in FSX for the "Windows Sound Devices" to <Default Primary Device>
  • In WINDOWS System / Hardware and Sound / Sound / Audio Devices (I do not know the right English names because I do not have an English OPS) set the Display to "STANDARD

Using this way you will bypass your audio card and use the audio function of your graphic card. This is how my system is set up and it works well......

Regards,

Hanse

Hans thanks for the suggestion but that defeats the purpose of having a soundcard. My PC is not just for FSX, I use it for audio production and video editing as well and its connected to 2.1 speaker system via the sound card. I used to run all sounds through my HDMI on my GTX770 using the speakers on my Samsung Syncmaster monitor but the sound quality was poor. As you said its a workaround lol

I`ve come up with a different solution, I`ve just bought FS2crew voice for the bus so I can do away with the built in check list system. Hopefully that will do the trick using my USB headset when flying the bus.

The one thing I have noticed and forgive me for bringing up another developers product in this discussion, is the PMDG NGX/777 has a sound output options menu in the FMC. It lists all available devices be it my USB headset, soundcard or Samsung Syncmaster when I had the Nvida audio drivers installed. I`m just wondering if they done that for a reason, maybe there is a flaw in the way FSX uses external devices when using custom audio .dll`s and PMDG added this feature as a work around.

I`m no programmer just something that I thought when this issue appeared.

If all else fails then I shall just have to try your suggestion but I find it strange that only this one add on has issues and not one other does.

Kind regards Doogie

All sounds working perfectly after doing my first flight with FS2Crew. Obviously I have the checklists and FO turned off to use FS2crew but at least I have a crew again.

Damn computers lol

Doogie

Archived