Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

P3d with dx10

Pateotana1512

Hi I just would like to know if there s any future plans of lockheed martin to add dx10 support in a future version of p3d because im probablly thinking to change to p3d and my GpU ( its old) doesnt support DX 11

Hi I just would like to know if there s any future plans of lockheed martin to add dx10 support in a future version of p3d because im probablly thinking to change to p3d and my GpU ( its old) doesnt support DX 11

Hi Bruno, if I may be so bold as to offer some advice, why don't you consider changing your GPU? It seems a strange consideration to be making in favour of an entire simming platform because you are running an old GPU. Besides, while Radeon cards work normally as well as Nvidia cards with PC games, in FSX and to my knowledge P3D, Nvidia cards far outperform Radeon due to the way FSX uses the GPU architecture. The other thing to think of is the Vram, which again is essential in P3D, so a GPU with lots of Vram is a 'must.' In fact, and please don't take this the wrong way, I've just seen your PC specs and to get the best from P3D I respectfully suggest you consider a CPU upgrade or OC. In fact I would not expect you to be very pleased with the performance in P3D with your current setup, the performance will be dreadful.

As Mathjis suggests, drop by the LM forum, register and then do some further research. All the best.

Hi Bruno, if I may be so bold as to offer some advice, why don't you consider changing your GPU? It seems a strange consideration to be making in favour of an entire simming platform because you are running an old GPU. Besides, while Radeon cards work normally as well as Nvidia cards with PC games, in FSX and to my knowledge P3D, Nvidia cards far outperform Radeon due to the way FSX uses the GPU architecture. The other thing to think of is the Vram, which again is essential in P3D, so a GPU with lots of Vram is a 'must.' In fact, and please don't take this the wrong way, I've just seen your PC specs and to get the best from P3D I respectfully suggest you consider a CPU upgrade or OC. In fact I would not expect you to be very pleased with the performance in P3D with your current setup, the performance will be dreadful.

As Mathjis suggests, drop by the LM forum, register and then do some further research. All the best.

Ok rocky and Mathjis thanks for the advice

Archived