Unable to save default panel state or options.

CPBrown

Hi All,

I'm new on the ABX so I am on a steep learning curve.

I am working through the 'Step by Step' guide which starts off by setting several options and the 'Cold and Dark' panel configuration, but these don't seem to stick when I re-load a saved flight or when I re-load a ABX aircraft in a new flight.

I suspect it is a permission issue to the configuration directory but I don't seem to be able to locate a configuration file.

I have ABX loaded into the default FSX directory, i.e /Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X,

and a set full access rights to this directory and the /Users/me/My Documents, and /Users/me/AppData directories.

I am running on 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

Some guidance would be much appreciated.

Colin

Hi,

I was expecting options like default panel state i.e Cold and Dark, view options and configuration, Pause at TOD, sound options, etc., to be kept across flights.

I was also hoping that restoring a saved flight would also return the panel state as at the save, but a guess from your previous response that the panel state needs to be saves as a custom state before saving the flight and restored after resuming a flight. Is that right?

Yep, you save the flight first, and then the panel state (just copy and paste the name for your flight to the panel state file name).

For multiple flights saved, and to choose from, things get a little bit more complicated:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/71455-which-files-needed-for-saving-different-fmgs-states/

Hi Colin,

if I am right you are talking about the "default" aircraft states and available standard options. There are 4 pre-defined default ACFT STATES and you can set one ot it as DEF e.g. if this Airbus model is loaded it starts automatically with this state. The same is valid for the other OPTIONS e. g. they are also saved for each specific Airbus model. But it is not possible using this specific saved right MCDU options to various planes - they are always model specific. Details to this you will find in the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide 4.3 and 4.6. If you want to use / save other settings then we are talking about USER STATES and for those Olivers answer applies.

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Hanse,

Thanks for the response.

Yes I am aware of the 'Default' aircraft states. My problem is that I cannot set any to default. I can load the 'Cold and Dark' pre-set and select it a def (LSKR1) but it doesn't seem to be recorded. Next time I start a free flight with the same model of Airbus selected, it start in an unknown panel state not Cold and Dark. I assume the software is unable to save these options.

Section 4.8 of the Step by Step guide says:

"Saving all MCDU 2 settings"

"All in the MCDU2 made settings (except the use of the CHECKLIST- and the COPILOT-function) are saved e.g."

"next time an Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 is loaded again you will start with all the settings from the previous"

"flight"

This doesn't happen on my setup.

I've tried setting other options like view states and 'Pause at TOD' and saving as a 'USER STATE' and I do get a *.asc file in My Documents/Aerosoft/AerosoftAirbusExtended directory but if I start a new flight and re-load the USER STATE the options are still not set.

Colin

Hi Colin,

this means clearly that something is wrong with your installation because it works as described in the documentation. Did you install the Airbus as an Administrator and do you also start FSX in the Admin-Mode? If yes then the only advice I can give is to completely uninstall the Airbus (using the Windows functions and not just delete the folders) and reinstall it again as an Administrator.

To save company routes before uninstall simply backup this folder:

...YOUR_DOCUMENT_FOLDER\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended\FlightPlans

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Hanse,

Yes I did install as administrator, (right clicked and ran as admin), and do start FSX as administrator, and yes, when I first has the problem I uninstalled via windows, deleted any remaining aerosoft directories, and re-installed with my virus checker switched off.

Things have improved. The airbus does now seem to load in Cold and Dark panel state now, but the right MCDU still not showing it as default.

I'll just have to keep tinkering with saving panel states.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Colin

Hi Colin,

do you always use the same model p. e. the A320 CFM NEO? Because the settings you make on the right MCDU are model specific. If the CHECKLISIT option is not greyed out it means that one of the ACFT STATES is loaded. On the list of the available ACFT STATES (right side of the list) you should see a "green". DEF if a default state is saved.

Regards,

Hanse

• 2 weeks later...

Archived