ND WIND direction is True instead of Magnetic

Hi,

I just noticed wind direction on ND is true instead of magnetic.

246º are Indicated on the ND while 251º (mag) are shown in FS, arrow is consistent with 246º.

At this position, magnetic declination is around 5º.

Actually I did notice this issue on a flight yesterday where the magnetic declination is around 10º.

At that time the crosswind component was from the right while looking at the ND crosswind wind component was from the left.

Regards,

Jose

post-75514-0-13887000-1388763255_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

The wind direction in numerals is relative to true north, the wind direction arrow is relative to magnetic north. This is how Airbus has designed it, so not a bug but a feature. :)

Do you have a picture of the crosswind component coming from the wrong direction? I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is correct

airbusND_zpsf0c1ab4b.png

Only that wind digital indication and arrow in AAX use the same value TRUE direction, as far as I can tell.

post-75514-0-00987600-1393709428_thumb.j

Edit: Added a pic. Wind Mag: 278/27 True:269/27. Sorry the pic is a little dark, but can you tell arrow is from True wind direction instead of Mag wind direction

Archived