Payware/freeware airport building autogen?

Hey guys, I'm brand new to x plane 10 and i'm wondering if there is an addon to give the airports autogen buildings? I have open scenery x installed but i'm still not even sure what that is supposed to do and there is no change in the sim. Thanks for the help!

Open Scenery X is only an object library that is used for most freeware and even some payware sceneries.

There is no possibility for a real autogen on airports but OSM maps from simheaven.com at least contains a lot of buildings on the map so at least you have some builinds on many airports.

Then there are many freeware3 sceneries from X-Plane.org.

And in the next few updates of X-Plane there will probably a lot of community airports automatically installed, This was originally was planned for X-Plane 10 from the beginning but the necessary WED and the graphics libraries took much longer than expected, so we only got with 10.25 a first batch of community airports.

• Administrator

Hello Virgin American Captain,

opensceneryx is only a library with objects which will be used by scenery addons.

Laminar Research has not programmed autogen for airports. Autogen objects are not at the real place and this isn't good for airports.

We have the open street map project for real placing buildings. See SimHeaven...

For Open Street Map infos i have posted here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/68304-openstreetmap-osm/

Since X-Plane 10.25 Beta 1 we have the Global Airports:

This update contains 3-d buildings for over 250 airports, contributed by the X-Plane community.

An there are many Freeware (and Payware) Addons for the airports.

Here you wil find a good map for that:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zKdUoyDRH6j0.k7Q3rMFgZpe4

Greets

Archived