problems with checklist and IRS

mwj999

I have just bought and installed airbus X from a DVD

I am trying to follow the tutorial flight in the vol6 document EDDF to LOWW starting from cold and dark

Firstly I do not get the checklist option on the right MCDU unless I start FSX in freeflight with a default aircraft and then switch to the AXE, is there anyway around this as it's a bit clunky?

Then when I'm told to align the IRS on the left MCDU by pressing LSK 3R on the INIT A page, there is nothing next to this button so I can't align it

All the ADIRS are switched to NAV as part of the cockpit preparation 1 checklist

Am I doing something wrong or is this a well know thing?

Thanks for help

Martin

Hi Martin.

to start the tutorial, the plane should be in an "DARK&COLD" aircraft state. So please - after loading the AXE - go to the right MCDU and select it from the ACFT STATE menu. Then please follow the tutorial....... and please step by step as explained in the document.....

I hope you also updated your installation to the actual release 1.16 as well as hotfix 19?

Regards,

Hanse

Thank you for your response.

The plane starts dark & cold - the MCDU2 is blank so I can't access the checklist that way. I have to switch on the batteries to get the MCDU2 to light up. All the left hand side options are brightened and clickable but the right hand side 'checklist' is darkened and does not work.

I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean by 'updated my installation to the actual release 1.16 with hotfix 19' - this has been installed from the DVD. Are these files that are available from this website?

Once again thanks

Martin

For the checklists try to re enter cold and dark setup sometimes mine glitches too and the align IRS you saying that no option appears on MCDU 1 saying Aling IRS below ALTN right? sorry but mine appears all time i dnt know how to help :/

Hi Martin,

normally the AXE should not start "Dark&Cold" - only if you have set the DEF ACFT STATE to "DARK&COLD". So please try the following after powering up the plane e.g. setting both batteries and external power to ON:

1. Go to the right MCDU and select ACFT STATE = LSK1L
  2. Check the settings. Clear DEF setting (if already selected) = LSK5R
  3. Newly load COLD DARK STATE = LSK1L
  4. Power up the plane again (batteries and external power)
  5. Check the settings under OPTIONS LSK4L and CHECKLIST LSK3L
  6. Set CHECKLIST LSK1L to ON and return to the MCDU2 MENU

If now CHECKLIST LSK1R is still "grey" it means that something is wrong with your installation and I also would suggest to contact Aersoft Support. Regarding the DVD-version please check if it is really 1.16 because sometimes shops are still selling "old" DVD with elder versions.

Regards,

Hanse

• 2 weeks later...

Archived