Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Painting a plane

CorkyNM

I put this post in another forum by mistake.

I'm trying to create a fictional paintjob for myself, based on another person's work and deleting the windows. Yes, I want an A321 CFM with a cargo livery which means no windows except for the portholes on the exits.

So I've done everything inlcuding removing those 'shadows' from the fallback area by creating a copy of the

'\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Texture_Fallback_A321'

calling it

'\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Texture_Fallback_A321_Cargo' and editing the texture.cfg to point there instead.

Nothing seems to work - I still have windows. I have looked at another person's work which was a Fedex version of the A320 IAE and his still has windows too. So I'm inclined to think this is not possible because the windows are part of the model and therefore not removable. Is this true? What would it take to have a model made that does not include windows?

The A310 is what FedEx actually uses and that plane is not included in this package. I want me an Airbus A321 CFM with a FedEx livery. Guess I'll be waiting awhile...

• 3 weeks later...

Guess not. Will wait for a cargo version patiently.

I pieced together a decent FedEx paintjob but it has windows. Not to my liking but after all, it's just a 'game', right? Pretend, pretend, pretend.

The windows are part of the model, so attempting to paint over them via the paint-kit just isn't going to work.

Don't hold your breath for a cargo model. You'd likely pass out.

Haha, yeah. Figured as much. I can still wish, can't I?

I can get my cargo fix from the MD-11 and 737 I guess. No big. Oh, and play make-believe with my Fedex A321 too. Yes, the windowed version. I can just stay in the 'office' and not look at external views. Works just fine.

Archived