Hello all.

Is there a way to edit the units of the FIRs to be shown properly on the flight plans?

For example: KZAK is an oceanic FIR who uses Mach number for its service. This mach number needs to be in the FP, but PFPX retrieves it in knots. How to change that behavior?

Thanks a lot.

Conversely, KZMA should be in knots, but uses mach in PFPX.

It depends, actually. Miami ARTCC is divided in Miami itself (ZMA) and Miami Oceanic (ZMO), covering from Bahamas to near Puerto Rico. Inside ZMO you'll need to use Mach as such.

It would be good if this would be editable.

It would also be nice if there was a Test capability such that the OFP could determine the TYPE of Fir the that the FIR changed ( eg FIRChange only shows the new FIR name, would like FIRChange as a Section Likewise FIRType to work like the new isCostIndex or isMach -- FIROceanic,

This is an error in one of the databases. There is in fact a database that determines the appropriate units of measurement for each FIR, i.e. speed in knots or km/h or as a fraction of Mach and level in feet or metres also accounting for transition layer (i.e. below, Axxx or Mxxxx; above, Fxxx or Sxxxx).

This is editable, in FIR.dat which is in C:\Program Files\Aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X

This file can be edited using notepad.

I'd suggest notifying Christian and the team, then we all get to benefit :)

Thanks

Chris.

Archived