LOC error

cgentil

LOC* --> means he es capturing the localiser (the 4 marks you can see is just a part of what the system is actually measure) as soon as you have the full dimond or just the half one, he recive the localicer and is anounced as "localizer alive"

[LOC] --> you are within +- 1 mark of the localiser and this can be considered als "stabel" and captured. ;-)

if you are close to the runway and you get out of this +-1 Mark in LOC or GS you get a warning like "glideslope, glideslope"

1.If the localizer is a half diamond (btw, it's open at the wrong side and needs to be 180° flipped on the AAX) it's not moving and hence not alive.

2.If you are left or right of the LOC, regardless of the deviation, you don't get a 'glideslope' warning.

3.LOC within '1 mark' has nothing to do with LOC capture.

@cgentil

LOC* means that the localizer has been captured, nothing else.

have a look at page 280 on http://www.smartcockpit.com/aircraft-ressources/A319-320-321-Navigation.html

LOC* menas mode is engages (localicer capture)

[LOC] mean localizer track (follow the path, localizer captured).

When LOC* engages the HDG or NAV are disengaging.

the same is with G/S* and ALT

and yes, the "half" dimond is looking the wrong direction, should point to the beam of the localizer.

bud of corse, if you know on witch side the LOC-beam ist you are recieving the ILS it and its "alive".

the Waring of "glideslope" is triggert when [G/S] mode is active and your off the glide path by mor than +-1 mark

http://www.airbus.com/fileadmin/media_gallery/files/safety_library_items/AirbusSafetyLib_-FLT_OPS-APPR-SEQ01.pdf page 4

on the LOC +- 1/4 mark, bud i don't remember the callout.

As GS* only appear whem is in middle of center, I thought LOC* should be same.

AAX is right?

GS* should actually happen slightly before reaching center. It's mainly about closure rate/intercept angle that makes the difference. LOC 30deg, GS 3deg

1. bud of corse, if you know on witch side the LOC-beam ist you are recieving the ILS it and its "alive".

2.on the LOC +- 1/4 mark, bud i don't remember the callout.

1. No, the LOC is 'alive' when the diamand is full and starts moving. If it's not moving it's not alive.

2. There's no call out in that case

1. No, the LOC is 'alive' when the diamand is full and starts moving.

with "alive" i did not mean the callout of PF or PNF, i could schould wrote recive the localizer.

I often ask virtual pilots "is the localizer is alive", to check of propper setting of the frequency or it may not be part of the (default) scenery.

Archived