Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Take off and Landing Runways Heathrow

Hi,

Just wondering how clever this program is?. On my dispatch briefing from heathrow it has given me a takeoff runway of 27R today. I know that some aiports like heathrow use a system to switch runways according to a time of day etc. Is this simulated or do i get this from another source?

Really great so far by the way,very impressed

Thanks

Ceri

Onfortunately, PFPX doesnt have alternation info. It giving you a runway based on winds but its not necessarily the correct one, especially if there are parallel runways.

My personal experience is that this is simulated.
(Or I simply am a lucky person ;) )

At least when arriving in Düsseldorf or Los Angeles I got the right runways. From the other Airports I was arriving at I do not know the real world preferetial runway systems, so I can't comment on them.

In the airport manager you can set the preferential runways for take-off and landing.

The answer to your question, though, is that there is no time-specific setting for preferential runways. Same goes for systems like Frankfurt Main or Nice, where I *think* they use a wind-component threshold to select runway in use.

Best regards,

Mikkel

Suggestion...be careful with this if you are using VATSIM. They do follow the runway preferences for EGLL. The only question I have (for their forum, so somewhat rhetorical here), do they use rw runway preferences? I believe the answer is yes, but I do suggest caution....especially at EGLL.

Cheers

Dave Lamb

Archived