Huey X help please

Chompski

Hi

I used to be able to fly the Huey X with no problems - haven't flown it in a while

Since I last flew it I have got a Saitek X52 joystick (already had Saitek pedals), I have updated Huey X to V2, moved to Windows 7 (clean install of FSX)

Using Herman's useful post in another thread these are the things I have tried

• I use the Saitek pedals myself (along with their X52 Pro) and they work perfectly. I did find that after about three years time, the pots went bad, requiring a replacement. Before flying the Huey, under Start/Devices and Printers, right click on your pedals, then chose Game Controller Properties and then Properties. Check for smooth action by repeated full travel checking fast and slow. You should have a narrow dead zone too. If the action in the indicator is anything but smooth, with no hesitation to input, your pedals are suspect.

Checked for smooth travel and calibration- have a small null zone in the middle the neutral position for the rudders

• Did you run the joystick configuration tool that's part of the Aerosoft Launcher noted here?

Have run the joystick config- in the advice notes it says to change the Z axis to rudder- I have the z axis Rudder disabled on the joystick since I have rudder pedals- It recognises that I have pedals but the axis options it gives me is X, Y, RxAxis, RzAxis- it won't let me choose multiple axis (X&Y would makes sense with RX &RZ as the toe brakes) - Have tried just selecting either x or y solely - didn't work

• After opening FSX, check that the settings given in the Huey X manual on page 6 are applied.

Couldn't find anything that wouldn't apply to my system

• Check the axis assignments in FSX to ensure that only your Saitek pedals have the rudder axis assigned and it's not reversed. Check every control unit. I've found that sometimes dual assignments creep in unnoticed.

Have checked - have the brakes axis on my rudder pedals reversed

• If you're using FSUIPC, make sure either FSX or FSUIPC but not both are controlling your rudder funcion.
  • If you're using FSUIPC, set up a separate profile for the Huey. Do not use the generic one.

I have FSUIPC 4.9 - it doesn't seem to have a controllers section like it used to

• When you start a session with the Huey, ensure your FSX isn't starting from a custom flight situation.

Just been using free flight

• When you start a session with the Huey, wait for five seconds and then switch to "Ready to fly." See page 5 of the manual under "Cold Dark / Ready to Go."

Tried no luck

• If you're still not getting the expected results, go to the cold and dark state and wait for the rotor to wind down. Go to external view and take a look at the tail rotor hub. By moving from full left to full right pedal, you should see the animation of the pitch change links increasing/decreasing tail rotor pitch. If not, your pedals are not "talking" to the sim.

No animation

Sorry for the long post but I am a bit perplexed as what to try next

Thanks

Chompski

Hi Mathijs

Have been working on it a bit more:-

• When I disabled the controls - the rudders didn't work with keyboard commands
  • I rechecked all the assignments pictures attached and the rudders are not set to the joystick
  • Yet I took off the twist rudder lock and the rudders work fine with the twist rudder
  • So my question now is does anyone where this assignment might be (I did wonder FSUIPC but my 4.9 version doesn't seem to have a controllers section.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3poo9hifo3gj4lu/rudder1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ri7idrc7wj21e7x/rudder2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y27zovavfg1fgzj/rudder3.jpg

Thanks

Chompski

Archived