• Aerosoft

If you are looking for a new fast disk to install FSX on and do not want to splash out for a big SSD check out the new Toshiba SSHD's . I just tried one and this is incredible value for money. You will find enough reviews on the net but here is one from tweaktown (http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/5711/toshiba-500gb-sshd-mq01abf050h-review/index.html).

SSHDs are the latest in technology that enables users of notebook and ultra-books to maintain the capacity they desire, without sacrificing the performance they crave.

Providing 8GB of NAND flash, Toshiba delivers on the promise of remarkable performance where it matters. In our 4K random testing, the SSHD was top dog in every aspect, both read and write thanks to the drives ability to utilize its self-learning caching algorithms that are engineered to adjust to user access patterns.

Additionally, the majority of testing outside the 4K random results also had the Toshiba SSHD towards the top of the group. Using the power of PCMark 8's application trace testing, we were able to put the Toshiba through its paces, and while it wasn't the quickest drive, the results were commendable. Taking into account we test drives on a level playing field, running each test in the same manner, if we were to run the Toshiba SSHD through PCMark 8 a number of additional times, results would only increase as the LAMD controller recognized it as "Hot" data.

At the time of writing the MSRP of the Toshiba SSHD in the 320GB capacity is set at $56.99 with the 500GB model we tested here today at $59.99.

Im thinking of getting one for my steam install as that can be quite big with all those other games i play once a year :)

They are really worth getting if you are on a budget and you want better loading times as i know a few people who have them and they are pretty quick even outside the benchmark apps which is what we want :)

Archived