ETOPS vs EROPS Question

Hello all,

I have a doubt regarding PFPX way of usage in ETOPS/EROPS.

I computed a few minutes ago a flight between KIAD and EGLL.

I used this configuration for a B767-300ER aircraft:

4j9Oh.png

I have this section on ETOPS section from PFPX template:

4j9Xj.png

However, In the beginning always in my test flight plans says: EROPS ENTRY/EROPS EXIT. Isn't the most correct say ETOPS ENTRY/ETOPS EXIT? Am I doing something wrong in the way plan an ETOPS flight?

(FPL-BAW263-IN
-B763/H-SDHIFRWXY/S
-KIAD2125
-N0471F330 RNLDI1 LDN DCT EMI DCT SAX/N0472F310 J77 GANDE/N0467F350 J77 BAF
Q480 ENE DCT EBONY/N0470F370 N95B CYMON/M081F370 NATZ 53N040W/M081F380 NATZ
ELSOX/N0467F390 DCT BANBA DCT STU UL9 DIKAS UL18 BASET UL9 KENET
-EGLL0642 EGKK
- RALT/CYYT BIKF

Thanks for your help and time

I'm totally just guessing here but I think EROPS is showing because that's how the pfpx default ofp template is setup... Also guessing that if you used a different ofp template, found in the downloads section of this forum, it may display different terms.

These days, EROPS and ETOPS are basically the same thing. ET once solely meant extended twin, but lately, depending on who you ask, it just means extended ops. ER would be extended range.

Your flight plan looks good.

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi tmncm, (great Name... ;) )

the reason for this different wording is in the template. In general EROPS is extended range operations which is also applicable to aircrafts with 3+ engines; ETOPS is the specific name for twin engine aircrafts.

In the pfpx template it differenciates between flights with "ETPWithDiversionTimeLimit" and flights which have "ETPNoDiversionTimeLimit" - first are ETOPS flights, the second EROPS.

The header generated by the first is "MIN ETOPS CRITICAL FUEL SUMMARY" and the one by the second is "EROPS CRITICAL FUEL SUMMARY". So up until here there is a difference.

At the section you refer to there is no such differenciation done in the template and in fact the fields and data are the same there for both cases. And that's the reason why there is always the display with "EROPS entry" etc. as you showed it. To correct this the pfpx template needs an update by encapsuling also this label in additional sections as previously mentioned. I my eyes not really high priority. See the changed lines below - I also included the EROPS/ETOPS ALTNS WX/NOTAM SUITABILITY PERIOD part into this since there is also the R and T topic. ;)

<&ETPWithDiversionTimeLimit_Begin><&ETPEntryExit_Begin>ETOPS <&ETPEntryOrExit:6> (<&ETPApt>)  <&ETPDistBeforeNextWaypoint:5> NM BEFORE <&ETPNextWaypoint:9> <&ETPEntryOrExitLatitude[0]> <&ETPEntryOrExitLongitude[0]>     EET <&ETPEntryOrExitEET><&ETPEntryExit_End>

ETOPS ALTNS WX/NOTAM SUITABILITY PERIOD
<&WindowOfSuitability_Begin><&ETPApt>   (<&WindowOfSuitabilityEarliest>-<&WindowOfSuitabilityLatest>)<&WindowOfSuitability_End><&ETPWithDiversionTimeLimit_End><&ETPNoDiversionTimeLimit_Begin><&ETPEntryExit_Begin>EROPS <&ETPEntryOrExit:6> (<&ETPApt>)  <&ETPDistBeforeNextWaypoint:5> NM BEFORE <&ETPNextWaypoint:9> <&ETPEntryOrExitLatitude[0]> <&ETPEntryOrExitLongitude[0]>     EET <&ETPEntryOrExitEET><&ETPEntryExit_End>

EROPS ALTNS WX/NOTAM SUITABILITY PERIOD
<&WindowOfSuitability_Begin><&ETPApt>   (<&WindowOfSuitabilityEarliest>-<&WindowOfSuitabilityLatest>)<&WindowOfSuitability_End><&ETPNoDiversionTimeLimit_End>

EDIT: Here the result for 180 min diversion time:

********************** 180 MIN ETOPS CRITICAL FUEL SUMMARY *********************

NON-ICING CONDITIONS - INCLUDING FUEL FOR ONE MISSED APPROACH

ETOPS ENTRY  (WITT)     48 NM BEFORE POPAK     N04 51.9 E088 46.1     EET 02:05
ETOPS EXIT   (VCRI)    230 NM BEFORE TEBIT     N05 09.2 E087 42.9     EET 02:13

ETOPS ALTNS WX/NOTAM SUITABILITY PERIOD
WITT   (17:25-17:41)
VCRI   (17:35-17:41)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here for no diversion time:

************************** EROPS CRITICAL FUEL SUMMARY **************************

NON-ICING CONDITIONS - INCLUDING FUEL FOR ONE MISSED APPROACH

EROPS ENTRY  (WITT)     48 NM BEFORE POPAK     N04 51.9 E088 46.1     EET 02:05
EROPS EXIT   (VCRI)    230 NM BEFORE TEBIT     N05 09.2 E087 42.9     EET 02:13

EROPS ALTNS WX/NOTAM SUITABILITY PERIOD
WITT   (17:25-17:41)
VCRI   (17:35-17:41)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers

Michael

Archived