LUKLA - FS crashes upon loading scenery

09El_Boissevain

Hello folks,

I am new to this forum, and that mainly because I have had a huge problem with the Lukla scenery which I just bought 2 hours ago.

What happens is is that I go to VNL2; Active Runway and then Fly Now. Then upon loading around 27% FS crashes with black screen and then saying error report including g2d.dll.

I have had scenery on this but I disabled them all.

Can someone please help?

Thank you very much.

Captain El :cry:

Nope, restarting the computer didn't solve it either :cry: . I post a pic of what error report I got. Please help me, I want to enjoy this scenery as much as the screenshots drooled me over there to buy it!!!!

What happens when I delete the Module that was installed by this package?

Captain El :cry:

nope... I ditched the folder Add-on scenery folder (cut & paste) to a backup folder which takes out all my addon scenery. Didn't work... It must be the scenery package itself. I will do a reinstall and see if it then works...

I hope the download process didn't make it corrupt ??

What's the package filesize supposed to be? I got 31.1MB

Captain El :(

• Aerosoft
nope... I ditched the folder Add-on scenery folder (cut & paste) to a backup folder which takes out all my addon scenery. Didn't work... It must be the scenery package itself. I will do a reinstall and see if it then works...

I hope the download process didn't make it corrupt ??

What's the package filesize supposed to be? I got 31.1MB

Captain El :(

Unlikely, out installer checks the files before and after it installs them. I still think it is a replacement texture that cause the problem. There are unfortunatly a lot of products that include textures that are not okay, they might be fine for a long time, but only when you see them under certain conditions the error is seen. These issue (caused by other 3rd party developers) now cause about 45% of all our support and we have asked Microsoft kindly to make sure FSx will just refuse to load all textures that are not exactly as the SDK's explain.

I am 100% sure that on a virgin FS2004 the product will work.

Hi- Just bought Lukla Addon about 15 minutes ago..loaded it up and when starting at Lukla airport I get.. FLOATING buildings, mix up mountainsides, and runways.

I have Genisis Himalayan Mesh installed previously

Please advise would love to fly this addon

Regards,

Royce

Whoooaaaww! It worked when I loaded up Mt. Everest. Cool scenery!! NOw I need to find out why it doesn't work in Lukla. Any ideas? AFCAD? Anything that could conflict? (although I don't find any more after searching throught my Addon Scenery folder). Anyways, I hope this will be updated and everything works...

Captain El

No, FS crashed again. But this time in mid-air. What is happening? Ok, I will tell you what I saw in my brief visit.

Textures looked mostly default, but the scenery was there. I would see the Mt. Everest's textures border at it's base?? Where the valeys start. Is this correct or am I only seeing this? I took a look at the place where Lukla was, from far here, I saw something very weird. There were very light colored dots on the terrain (up on the high slope in front (East) of Lukla) including light pink and yellow... like that of a rainbow, but all scattered in dots.

I quickly took a shot of the fault, as FS would crash right after I see these "dots". This is not of Lukla, but what I saw on Lukla was exactly the same, except Lukla was a huge mass of it. Then I tried visiting Lukla on Slew, but just a fraction of a second after I saw the same fault as in the pic below (a huge mass of it in Lukla), FS crashes and I wasn't quick enough to take the shot. This is really weird and I reinstalled the product several times... Can someone please analize this please?? Can someone please tell me what the heck this is??? It's everywhere (well on a few spots) and FS crashes all the time I try to fly around there!

And I saw that FS would crash upon loading 50% "loading terrain" on Lukla. I have no idea what these weird faults are, but please, I need this fixed, or I guess I must refund the product. :( (although I don't know wether it is refundable or not)

What on earth is G2D anyways??

Hi Boissevain,

Your screenshot shows that there is definetely a problem with some replaced default textures in your Flight Simulator! We don't have even included textures with "funny" colors like this in Lukla - so it can't be a bug in this addon.

I think it would be best for you to uninstall all replacement texture sets (they cause problems with many more addon sceneries as well) or to try to get the original default textures copied from one of your FS2004 CDs (I don't know which one contains the texture set though). We can't help you any further than this because we don't know what corrupted replacment textures have been installed on your system. It is a shame that there are still so many replacement texture sets with corrupted textures available...

Sascha

Sasa,

I guess you are right, but after all my add-ons getting default textures back is my last resort (sorry :lol: , but I do love my other addons so much, especially my water and my sky textures, and also other land texture replacements). I found this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257401/ and I wonder if BIOS cache really is the problem at the moment.

BTW Sasa, I think it is a bug in this product as FS loads up Lukla only when this scenery is disabled.

I wonder how to disable cache (or disable it through FS9 Scenery Library??). Can someone briefly tell me how to do it on Windows XP Professional? (I don't have the time to find the docs and contacting, I either never get any replies or it says my e-mail cannot be sent so why should I bother :x ).

Thanks a great lot in advance!

Captain El

BTW Sasa, I think it is a bug in this product as FS loads up Lukla only when this scenery is disabled.

Nope. Believe me: It is a bug in a replacement texture that is not loaded until Lukla is activated. This problem is very familiar to us because other sceneries have the same problem with replacement textures. How else can you explain that only those people who have installed some replacement texture sets (as Lennard's rextures or FSScene) have the same problem?

Sascha

• Aerosoft
I don't know but please can someone tell me how to disable cache in the BIOS? It says that is the solution on Microsoft's website but I don't know how to do it.

Capt. El :oops:

That fully depends on your Bios (the manual for your mother board should have all information of course), but it is a tip that I would not follow.

I feel your reluctance about changing back to default textures, but believe me, there are a LOT out there that will work most of the time but cause problems when the system is pushed to the limits. A good deal of our support is now caused by these products that we do not produce and support. The customers always tell us they never had problems before (but often tell us afterwards FS became a lot more stable when they were removed), but all we can say is that they will not have the problem with default textures or textures that are 100% (but really 100%) as the SDK's describe.

I to have a problem.

Loaded the software twice after ininstalling the first one correctly.

Add on Scenery Only Australia

Any time I approach the blocked off area shown in Appendix D; The chart I get the black screen, MSFS has caused an error etc.

I have approached from all four directions (N S E W) to VNL2 and in three different aircraft and I ALWAYS get the ole Black Screen.

Also I have tried using "Flight Planner from way outside the Appendix area and as soon as I cross it BLACK Screen.

I can load up from VNL2 and depart (if that is what you call it) and fly south ok.

Desperate in Mexico

Ron J

Ok, I did a whole virgin reinstall. Now when I try to install it, it says I need the last 4 digits of the credit card number. But when I insert the numbers, IT SAYS IT IS WRONG!!! I swear it is right. And after 3 times, it says I made too many attempts, the setup will close...

What is this?? I DID buy this. I DID pay for it.

Captain El

Hey!

Calm down.

- go to your order-history

- choose Lukla

- at the bottom of the site is a link "reset registration"

- press it

- leaver the shop

- install the scenery.

Fly Lukla! :lol: