Twin Otter template ... ?

Hi ... !

Flight plans for the Twin will definitely not be cross Atlantic but did someone already created an a/c template for the stunning new Otter ... ?

Best! Willem

Hi ... !

Flight plans for the Twin will definitely not be cross Atlantic but did someone already created an a/c template for the stunning new Otter ... ?

Best! Willem

+1

• 4 weeks later...

Folks, I have the DHC operating data documentation for the -300. It's the old "spider-web" graphical presentation, PITA to turn into tabulated data.

However the reality in actual operations was VERY simple, I just blew the dust off my Twotter manuals from 1990 and the quick reference planning section is all of 2 pages long. We didn't worry about weights or temperatures, just used generic "catch-all" numbers - it was a really basic airplane and everything was done by hand, none of those new-fangled computer things!

I'll compile a profile tonight, this won't be a 0.1% accurate to the kilo versus actual burn theoretical type file, but it will give you the numbers as we planned them for real.

Jon

guys,

the problem is too find perf datas ...

OK so I transferred our old ops manual quick reference data during lunch.

Place the file in the Aircraft Types folder and then install as a New Aircraft.

I have included LandingTime allowance of 6 minutes and LandingBurn 55lb. That covers an instrument approach, we had to include that allowance. If you're flying VFR between the islands you may want to reduce or eliminate those figures.

Minimum diversion fuel to be carried was 290lbs, is there a way to enforce a minimum fuel figure in PFPX?

I have not included Equipment, Transponder, PBN details, I'll let someone else add those if they're needed.

Jon

DHC6-300.txt

OK so I transferred our old ops manual quick reference data during lunch.

Place the file in the Aircraft Types folder and then install as a New Aircraft.

I have included LandingTime allowance of 6 minutes and LandingBurn 55lb. That covers an instrument approach, we had to include that allowance. If you're flying VFR between the islands you may want to reduce or eliminate those figures.

Minimum diversion fuel to be carried was 290lbs, is there a way to enforce a minimum fuel figure in PFPX?

I have not included Equipment, Transponder, PBN details, I'll let someone else add those if they're needed.

Jon

Great job, thx!

Willem

Archived