PFPX crashes when typing anything in a search field (only on first launch)

I opened the route database manager, clicked "current" radio button, then typed LOWI in the "from" field.

Result: PFPX crashes every time I do this.

It might be that PFPX doesn't like LOWI :(

I just tried to save a new route from LOWI to EGBE (KPT1Z KPT UL608 TEDGO UZ210 LIRSU UL608 DENUT UL610 HEMEL UT420 BUZAD OLIV3A) and PFPX crashed... The good news is that I was wise enought to take a copy of the route before saving.

This seems to be a timing issue. The part about LOWI was a red herring. Here's more info:

I'm using Windows XP. When I launch PFPX and go directly to route manager, PFPX will crash if I type anything in the search fields.

If I let PFPX stay open for a while, let it load everything, then the crashes do not happen.

I think this might be a concurrency problem.

If you look at the end of this post:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/72429-cfmu-validationfor-dummies/?p=517524

First time around, PFPX crashed when I was doing everything as fast as I could. When I slowed down, waited a while before moving from one screen to another, no crashes.

As my computer is old and slow, I might suffer concurrency problems that might not exist for users with faster computers.

• 2 weeks later...

Still happening with 1.06

If I type anything directly to the From and To fields (in the route database window), PFPX will crash. If I use the Find... feature, no crashes.

Also PFPX crashes when saving routes if the route hasn't been first searched for in the Route Database window.

Archived