FSX freezing with buzzing sound

So guys lately I've been getting this thing a lot when I'm approaching the airport.

At about 10-15 nm from the airport, my FSX freezes with a buzzing sound playing (more like a loop of the sound) and than my Nvidia display driver crashes and manages to recover, but seconds later FSX freezes again and the only way to go is restarting the pc.

I've already ran a Memtest86+ test and after the recommended 12 hours of testing, no errors were found, so I presume it's not a problem of my RAM.

Do you have any ideas on what could be causing this? I've been searching a lot for this in the last days but I didn't find any answers for it.

These are my system specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 760 2.80GHZ OC 3.8GHZ

Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD3L

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) DDR3 1600MHZ

PSU: LC6650GP3 650W

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 470

HD: Samsung 1TB

Cooler: Corsair H80

After seeing your hardware configuration fsx fits with it and you say that after changing your driver it wont help i suggest you that re install fsx or scan your pc may be virus or torjhans are causing this

This screams hardware to me. Take out all that can be taken out and put it back in. cards, memory, molex plugs etc.

You were right, it was a problem with my GTX 470 that now I'm temporary using a GTX550TI. Strange, I never had problems with my video card in any other game but FSX :(

Thanks Mathijs, I guess this topic can be closed now :)

Archived