Missing AES Jetways at KLAX (FSX)

Hello,

I just recently am reinstalling FSX onto my computer, after using FS9 for quite some time. I've reinstalled all of my FSDT airports, including KLAX, PHNL, KLAS, KORD, etc. I've enabled the full AES function for KLAX but this seemingly removes all of the jetways at the airport. Deactivating KLAX restores the normal, static jetways. Reinstalling KLAX and the latest AES version seems to have no effect. All other FSDT airports I've activated AES with do not have this problem. AES jetways are the highest priority in my scenery library.

Any chance anyone has any thoughts?

Thanks.

You sure your AES is updated to the latest version?

Yes, downloaded from http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd500!0,6499424300,D10333 yesterday.

Also have you tried te resync/repair function in the AESHelp?

Yes, I have tried it with no visible effect.

Appears that while I've allocated credits to LAX, no services/AES windows are available.

Thanks, I look forward to the solution so I can use this airport that I purchased credits for.

• Deputy Sheriffs

FSDT's KLAX and AES work perfectly on my rig, so there's apparently some oddity in your setup that's keeping AES from working. This is to say, we should be able to get you going.

An easy one first. Did you install everything as Administrator?

Next, you note the airport works as expected with AES not enabled. Just to check the basics, even though it does work, did you download the latest version from FSDT or one of their outlets? Is it fully activated with the FSDT Add-on Manager? Have you checked all the features out to make sure the airport is 100%? Is the DX10 Preview mode turned off? I know the airport supports it, but with AES on along with DX10 Preview, there might be an incompatability. Deactivate DX10 Preview to get you closer to a vanilla FSX.

On to AES. You wrote that AES works on your other AES enabled airports. Please check FAQ #6 here to see if this helps and confirm Dreamteam KLAX is "Green" with "Full 5" in the right hand column. From your description, it sounds like you correctly placed "AES Basepack" at the top of the Scenery Library. You also wrote that you're turning AES on and off. How? I don't believe you can from AES help, so I'll guess you're unchecking "AES Basepack" in the Scenery Library.

One other thing to check, perhaps. If you've purchased an FSDT airport, you probably also have a copy of GSX installed, too. Even if you didn't purchase and activate it, it's there and provides free GSX services at FSDT and FlightBeam airports. So, what I did on my installation was exclude KLAX in the CouatlAddons.ini file located in your Appdata\Roaming\Virtuali folder. Specific instructions are on page 19 of the manual, available for download from FSDT. It may be worth a try.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Interesting thought, Jerry. I didn't know that about the background GSX in KLAX. I bought and installed mine before GSX came out, but it may still be there, as you say. Anyway, no problems on my rig.

Well, painful and inexplicable but I removed each FSDT scenery and reinstalled individually (reboots in between and a defrag at the end). That seems to have corrected the problem.

Thanks for all the answers.

Archived