Altitude and speed constraints?

chkl

I am interested in your NavDataPro, I usually use Navigraph. But with Navigraph I find myself having to enter a lot of altitude and speed constraints for arrivals and departures from basically every major airport. I figured since they are in the charts, the navdata should have them also. Is this also true in your nav data? For example, approach into KONT, Ziggy 4 arrival, there should be an altitude constraint of 14000 feet at MAJEK. Navigraph doesn't have this. Is your data more complete?

Thanks

-David

Hi David,

with our data you get exactly what real airlines get that use the Lufthansa Systems database. Our navdata is an exact copy of the Lufthansa Systems one so everything they have in real world is also in ours.

But it is common in real world that you have to edit your constraints, so I wouldn't call it an issue.

At least from my own experience flying across europe usually everything is in and I rarely have to edit something.

David,

Looking at the ZIGGY 4 arrival the entry on the chart for MAJEK is to 'Expect clearance to cross at 14000' so its not a hard restraint.

• 4 weeks later...

Flew this STAR last night in the iFly and the 14,000 was coded in the arrival. I generally see all altitude/speed constraints coded into the data with NavDataPro - something I (like yourself) did not see very often with Navigraph. So yes you will see much more coded properly with NDP!

Archived