Airac Cycle Updates

vonmar

Airac Cycle Updates

Initially a new cycle is e.g. 1306 Rev1.

If changes are made to Rev 1 it will be distributed as 1306 Rev2.

Where on the NavDataPro forum is this information posted so we can see which products have new downloads available during the current cycle month?

Or, are all users e-mailed when an update (rev 2 e.g.) to any product is available for download?

• 2 weeks later...

I see there is now a New Releases and Updates section. That is very helpful.

But, it does not show the current "revision" of the current download for each aircraft.

In this case it is still Rev 1, I assume for all aircraft.

I am still getting used to the differences from Navigraph.

There, the cycle was like 1306 Rev 1 for each downloaded aircraft like iFly737 e.g.

Then, if iFly737 was issued a new download (problems fixed) it would be iFly737 1306 Rev2 (e.g.) an available for download during the current cycle.

It was easy to understand.

Ok, sounds good to me.

When NavData Pro software is started on the PC it also shows a Rev1 for example for each product as example here.

I am still learing how to use the menues available ... so I could be wrong .. but the Revision currently available "by product" would only change after another full download.

Correct?

So the thought is ... just check on the forum to see if there are any product revisions anytime during the current cycle.

If so and if the pilot has that aircraft, then do another download (bandwidth expense / traffic).

Thanks for your help.

Yes,

That is the Rev 1 that I seen.

What I need to understand is.

When doe this change to Rev2?

If just one aircrafts Navdata was fixed (Rev2) would your entire dataset (for all aircraft) have to be downloaded and installed.

In otherwords, your dataset always includes all aircraft .... or just the one that is now Rev2?

How to know which aircraft went to Rev2 and only update that one aircraft.

Thanks for understanding .. I am learning how it works.

• 5 weeks later...

I am wondering if someone would be kind enough to provide me step-by-step on how to install NavDataPro. Since I've purchased the Airbus X Extended, I haven't yet updated its cycles. I purchased some cycles but can't seem to install it - I tried this path: C:\Users\Warren Alexander\Downloads\AS_NAVDATAPRO (1) - but it doesn't show when I load FSX as updated. Is there an easier way? FYI: With my other products, I use Navigraph - and it's really easy to install. I thought I'd keep the Airbus as original as possible and work with the NavDataPro, instead. Any help is appreciated. >>Thank You<<

Warren

FSX > W8-64-bit.

PLEASE DISREGARD THE ABOVE MSG. ONCE I FIGURED IT OUT, IT WAS PRETTY EASY TO INSTALL TO AIRBUS X EXTENDED.

Archived