Checklist - switching off

ozflyer

If, after switching Checklist ON I attempt to switch it OFF, in the Checklist Options screen, a message saying "OFF DELAY" comes up.

Trouble is it never switches off and the copilot keeps repeating last message.

Is there some way I can get rid of the delay ?.

There's a checklist item you didn't do, that's probably why it's repeating. If you don't know what you should do, just turn on the copilot and she will do it for you. If it's an action that the captain should do, and you have done it, but it's still repeating, than pretty much you can't do anything and it's a bug. But this is extremely rare.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2.

That last one happened to me...

I was landing, had everything configured for (no blue) and the copilot was nagging me all the time until touch down about something that was already done...

I even clicked the copilot button in the checklist to shut her up, but didn't happen!

One other thing I noticed about the checklist is that it stops working if we don't stop the aircraft before entering the runway.

I was taxing and the ATC have me permission to enter the runway without stopping at the holding point and doing this the check list never advanced to the take off, climb, cruise and decent. The co-pilot only started to do the checklist again in the final approach phase.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

There's a checklist item you didn't do, that's probably why it's repeating. If you don't know what you should do, just turn on the copilot and she will do it for you. If it's an action that the captain should do, and you have done it, but it's still repeating, than pretty much you can't do anything and it's a bug. But this is extremely rare.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2.

Yes, I forgot to enter Block before starting engines and you can't get back there - I was hoping there was a way to stop the Checklist rather than restarting the flight.

Block fuel in MCDU is not a checklist item - you might want to turn on the info bar to see if there's something else you should do.

That last one happened to me...

I was landing, had everything configured for (no blue) and the copilot was nagging me all the time until touch down about something that was already done...

I even clicked the copilot button in the checklist to shut her up, but didn't happen!

There is a problem with FLAPS 3 (instead of FLAPS FULL) currently. It will be solved with the next Hotfix ..... http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/68008-landing-memo/

Hanse

nice to see that you found the root of the problem.

And what about the other issue about the checklist not advancing from taxi, if the aircraft is not stopped when taxing to the runway without stopping at the holding point?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Hi Daniel,

please in future only one topic in one thread....... This is the only way other users can use this forum as a knowledge base.....

If you would use the infobar then there is a message " ........ feet distance to the holding point or use "1" from the keyboard to start the BEFORE START CL" ....... So if you do not want to stop at the holding point, just press "1" and the checklists starts......

Regards,

Hanse

Block fuel in MCDU is not a checklist item - you might want to turn on the info bar to see if there's something else you should do.

The verbal instruction was difficult to interpret but seemed to be "set trim" and though I set this according to the Fuel Planner she still kept asking - nothing else I could see that I omitted.

What I am really confused about is why can't I switch off the Checklist ?.

The verbal instruction was difficult to interpret but seemed to be "set trim" and though I set this according to the Fuel Planner she still kept asking - nothing else I could see that I omitted.

What I am really confused about is why can't I switch off the Checklist ?.

There seem to be two problems. One is with "trim" and to clearly indentify this one it is necessary to state the item number in checklist - please see Vol6 StepbyStep guide. I assume it is no. 120 as already another user identified a similar problem with "pitch trim" and we are already looking into it.

You can switch the checklist functionality to OFF but the complete CL has to be finished. If you do not know yourself how to solve a problem then switch the Copilot to ON - he should "help" you because he will do the work. If you could switch a CL off at any position then if you restart it where to start from again? So we are only saving the completely finished CL status. The only way to stop a running CL is to load another aircraft state......

Regards,

Hanse

Archived