COM Radio Frequency Limitations

jgilbert

I'm getting good at flying AEX so I took it out for a spin on VATSIM. Unfortunately, I had to disconnect from the network because incremental COM radio frequencies are missing:

132.320 was the Kansas City (US) Center frequency (only available frequencies were 132.325 and 132.300 - nothing in-between).

132.120 was St. Louis approach (only available frequency was 132.100 and 132.250 - nothing in-between).

I purchased AEX with the primary desire to fly it on VATSIM. Is there a workaround? Any possibilty to improve the tweak the COM radio frequency selection?

Thank you for your help with this issue.

I was talking to ZKC this afternoon while flying the AXE... I suppose the "workaround" in this particular example is that when all else fails, type ".com1 132.32 <enter>" in the Squawkbox window -- not sure what the FSINN equivalent of doing this is but surely there is one. (???)

Thank you Lieutenant and Patrick. I also use FSINN. I'll try it out tonight. I had to give up squawkbox - whenver a player leaves, it hangs FSX and sometimes crashes it. I've applied all of the Squawkbox FAQ recommendations to no avail.

• 4 weeks later...

its easy with FSInn:

.c1 nnn.n(nn)

where the "n" are the digits.

Btw.

.xpdr nnnn

for the transponder.

And although there are no 121.12"5", you probably would get contact "121.120", so the .125 is equivalent with the spoken 121.120. That limitation is reaching back to the beginning of Flight simulation as far as I remember. So:

Bremen Radar has on the charts "123.925", mostly spoken as 123.92 (which is bad wording by the way, afaik the rules it would be either 1 or 3 digits behind the decimal so e.g. for Frankfurt Tower 119.9, but 135.725 for Langen radar... But these are details....) :glare_s:

Hope this helps

Flo

Archived