FSX Graphics and...

ber97

I am sending you this message to ask you how to get the weather so it is completely overcasted and you can't see the sky. Also I'd like to ask you how to get Fsx graphics so it looks like if it was almost real life. Just one more question. Real aircraft, when they take off, they ascend very fast. In Airbus X I cannot ascend so fast and it takes lot of time to be at cruising altitude. How can I ascend that quick. That question about weather is just because everytime I choose overcast, there are lot os clouds but there are some spaces between them.

Thank you very much

Hi "ber97",

I'm afraid the FSX will never look like "real life"... - there will always remain a visible distance to real world photos.

Concerning your question about "complete overcast weather"... - that is achievable to a certain extent but there is no such setting in the FSX that works as such... - one of many flaws as usual with Microsoft products... ;-)

Coming back to your question... - I trick the FSX by using not only multiple levels of clouds (each at least about 3000ft thick) but also multiple levels of visibility!

I have attached two screenshots with my usual weather for IFR training:

post-35107-0-07353800-1362520143_thumb.j

post-35107-0-30150600-1362520159_thumb.j

The weather settings are:

Clouds:

Level 1: 600ft AGL to 5500 ft - Stratus - 8/8

Level 2: 6500ft MSL to 10000ft - Cumulus - 8/8

The more cloud levels you add, the more overcast the ground should be. I only use two levels because I hardly ever fly higher than FL130 in my non-pressurized GA aircraft...

Visibility:

Level 1: GND to 2500ft MSL - 3 NM

Level 2: 2500ft to 5500ft MSL - 1/16 NM

Level 3: 5500ft to 6500ft MSL - 5 NM

Level 4: 6500ft to 10500ft MSL - 1/16 NM

Level 5: 10500ft to 12000ft MSL - 20NM

The reason for the lower limit of the first cloud setting (above ground level) is for practicing reasons and depends on the altitude of my destination, keeping the ceiling slightly above decision height.

Hello ber97. To apply OP CLIMB just set altitude and pull altitude knob. Regarding green, select your speed in speed knob and set speed to the correspond the green dot you see on pfd speed tape. This is a common technique used by real word airbus pilots when they want to climb faster to avoid clouds.

Regards,

Galaio

Sent from my LG-P760 using Tapatalk 2

Galaio,

Thank you very much,

But there is only one thing I don't understand. What do you mean with that PFD green dot.

On your Primary Flight Display, after you set flaps 0, appears a greed dot on speed tape. Select your speed a little after that green dot.

Green Dot is the speed that provides the best reason between lift and drag. Since there's less inertia, the plane can climb faster.

Yes. This only in some situations, like cumuluninbus ahead :). For a normal flight use managed. The rate of climb is very well represented in axe, i guess :)

Regards,

Galaio

Also in regards to getting a better overcast, you can try setting the CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY value in your FSX cfg to 12, this has great effect when using a weather utility such as AS2012 :)

2012121215838237.png

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone i got a issue with fsx weather recently this never happen before i always fly with real weather setting but the weather on my fsx its not accurate with the real world anymore even thou i am try and try downloading real time weather still download something totally diferent any sugestions please thanks in advance

Well i use AS2012 with REX E OD textures and AS2012 own textures, AS has always been a steady reliable weather engine and its always recieving updates and enhancements.

I do not use REX's engine but their textures are amazing. Alot of people are going for OPUS which seems to be getting very good remarks.

At the end of the day it's your choice but, if you want a complete package, engine, textures, historical weather, flight planning, to name a few then i would say AS2012...its got everything going for it!

You'd think we got a discount or something......

I also use AS2012 and definitely agree with what Rafal and Chris said above! Make sure to look at them all though, the big 3 right now are AS2012, REX, and Opus.

Archived