*UPDATED*Nvidia surround/ATI Eyefinity/busy cursor - panel.cfg fix

Slayer

*UPDATED to V1.10 release-All variants/liveries*

6/3/13 Now updated to use base model as well so the A320-214 sharklets works - Please redownload

AXE3screenFixes110.zip

This is a fix for users or Nvidia surround/ATI eyefinity setups with (3) 1920x 1080 identical screens setup in a horizontal/landscape config.
It should fix the busy cursor and I resized all the windows for you so you don't have to do it manually every time.
-Added a 1920x1080 bitmap so that stuff scales better than 800x600 - This is NOT a real 2D panel just a placeholder
-Fixed the Horizontal and vertical panel and wing view bars (these are turned on in the right MCDU
-Set Default view to .8
-Fixed MCDU so you don't have to resize it
-Fixed Debug Window
-Fix Checklist info, repositioned it near bottom of screen (it was overlaping other things...)
Updated to work with release 1.10 and the new liveries/variants
Instructions:
1) BACK UP YOUR PANEL CONFIGS-USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I take no responsibility if it breaks your config. I tested it on my machine.
These are located at: wherever you installed FSX to \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X.....
2) Navigate to: \YourInstallDirectory\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\
3) Drag the SimObjects folder into your FSX folder and overwrite the existing files.
4) Done!
Note: this won't look good on old 4:3 monitors if you want that do your own edits as I don't own any.
Note: If you didn't listen to me and backup your files you can restore several ways
- System restore
- Right click the appropriate panel.cfg file, "pick restore previous versions"
- I also included the original 1.10 panel files with a .bak extension so you can just delete the panel.cfg and rename panel.cfg.bak to panel.cfg

If you try to access some views you will get the "busy cursor" - fixed what I could IE: opening "main panel" and some other views

I've adjusted zoom views to be more appropriate for 3 screens so it's not stretched.

Adjusted the MCDU so that when you open it , it is the proper size

Adjusted the view settings for their camera system so it's no all stretched out and closer to what you see on a single monitor.

I'm in the process of adjusting the external camera views when used with their view system.

I'll post some before and after screen shots and highlight whats fixed when I get the time after work.

Your fix worked great for me. Is there a single setting in the panel.cfg that I can change in the other variants OR does the BMP file also have to be changed? My only goal is to get rid of the busy cursor.

Thanks for the fix!

I think all of the panel.cfg's are the same except for 2 lines (lines 188 and 189 in notepad ++ - diff lines are commented out between A320 and A321) other than that they are exactly the same when I did a compare on them with notepad ++.

Work has been very busy past 2 weeks and I haven't had a lot of time to tinker. I'll see if I can get the other edited panel files done this weekend.

The .bmp is a placeholder for a 2d panel( there is no 2D main panel but guage sizes and everything else scales off the main panel - this aircraft is full 3d cockpit except for the 2D MCP and the little "quick view" windows.

I'm not an expert with panels but I found this very useful webpage @ MS :

http://msdn.microsof...y/cc526956.aspx

This is the source info on panels...there are lots of little "gotchas" with panel editing ~ a lot of commercial products have mistakes that can be easily corrected if you are patient enough....

Ideally a panel should work and scale regardless of screen res but I've noticed a lot of panels with settings that conflict or settings that get overridden or ignored because they used another setting. I thought about getting the tool that devs use to edit panels but I think that tool may be the source of some of these issues so I'm editing everything by hand using the MS doc as a guide...so it's kind of slow and trial and error.

Thank you for Creating these panels, It works great with my 5760x1200 resolution. I was about to post a thread asking for a fix (I could not figure out on how to do this for this airplane). Will these fixes get added to the upcoming official hotfix.

You're welcome. I'd be honored if they did but I don't think Aerosoft officially supports surround/eyefinity yet so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

• 1 month later...

Works fine with v1.10 and Eyefinity@6036x1200 (because of bezel compensation), great work!

Unfortunately, it doesnt work on A320-214 CFM sharklets. Busy cursor still there when switching to "Cockpit", all other views are fine. Any idea?

• 3 weeks later...

Works fine with v1.10 and Eyefinity@6036x1200 (because of bezel compensation), great work!

Unfortunately, it doesnt work on A320-214 CFM sharklets. Busy cursor still there when switching to "Cockpit", all other views are fine. Any idea?

Think I found the problem. I had to also edit the base aircraft as well. I'm going to reupload a fixed version for you to try.

EDIT: I replaced the original file so everyone will need to redownload from the link at the top If you want the 320 CFM sharklets. The filename is the same as the old one but the variant I missed is now included

• 1 month later...

Archived