Pushback radius / length

AndrePT

Hi,

Is it possible to adjust the curve length during the pushback? On some small airports, even setting 9m and 90º, the curve radius takes a long distance, sometimes putting the airplane on the grass...

I had the same question a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, thats the default behaviour of FSX pushback and has nothing to do with the AEX. As i took it from Hanse, it would be a major change (meaning: programming an additional DLL like for the FBW) to correct that. And that is not planned.

A trick is to not use 90°, but a smaller angle. So at least your nose wheel is on the taxiway.

I found that unsatisfactory and i'm using GSX for pushback now.

No, no changes needed. It just works with some minor side effects. Here is what i do:

1. Start the AEX checklist for "START" (not "PUSH AND START") from the right MCDU.

2. Start pushback with GSX.

3. Ignore all audio messages from AEX start procedure (i guess one could mute the according sound files).

4. Wait for GSX pushback to finish.

5. Wait for the AEX "AFTER START" checklist to finish (normally a few seconds after you have set parking brakes following the pushback).

6. Start taxi and "TAXI" checklist.

I have done that numerous times now and it has never failed.

Aerosoft has provided GSX config files.

No, no changes needed. It just works with some minor side effects. Here is what i do:

1. Start the AEX checklist for "START" (not "PUSH AND START") from the right MCDU.

2. Start pushback with GSX.

3. Ignore all audio messages from AEX start procedure (i guess one could mute the according sound files).

4. Wait for GSX pushback to finish.

5. Wait for the AEX "AFTER START" checklist to finish (normally a few seconds after you have set parking brakes following the pushback).

6. Start taxi and "TAXI" checklist.

I have done that numerous times now and it has never failed.

Aerosoft has provided GSX config files.

But this only works if you have GSX. I rather use AES, but the downside is that there's only a few airports supported...

Archived