Problem with the curves on route

rhpa23

What I am finding it very bad is: when it ends a curve, always passes the route, then he cooomes back and fix the prow to the other side.

In other aircraft, as NGX, iFly, had this same problem at the beginning. But it was solved with updates.

Hi,

It sounds like you are referring to the curve off of a flyover waypoint. But, without further information about what specifically you are referring to, like what waypoint, SID, STAR, approach, any screenshots etc., we are doing guess work here.

If it is indeed about flyover waypoints, then there is a problem with how your flight plan is set up. If you approach a flyover waypoint at too great of an angle, where the aircraft needs to fly over the waypoint and then turn, and keep turning back to the new course, then you will see such a thing. This can still be reproduced in the NGX, just choose a waypoint direct to any approach at an angle of around 70 degrees or more and you will see it. I did it the other day in the NGX at LGAV, flying from the KEA VOR straight to the ILS 21L. It drew a curve going past the IAF point to bring me back on course, and with that curve, it was well after the FAF that I would have been back on course. So, I needed to use heading mode or manually fly that part (which I did).

Now if this is not what you are referring to, then you'll need to provide a lot more information. Like I said above, waypoint, SID, STAR, approach, screenshots, etc.

Thanks for fast reply Kyle,

you are correct, is about flyover waypoints.

I think a good fix for this would be to reduce the angle of the curve before intercepting the new line rote for next waypoint.

Today a curve about 70 degrees is made with a 40 ° until you find the course line.

At night I will post a video.

Well, the only catch to this is that the calculations done for those types of waypoints would have to be switched from creating a curve after to creating a curve before the waypoint and then to the on course heading of the next leg. In real life, this is not the case. Since that waypoint is a flyover waypoint, the path calculated has to have that curve after. That curve is drawn based on how far you need to turn, and what your estimated speed will be when you reach it. So, the only real way to reduce the size of that curve would to be at a lower speed.

Really, there is not much you can do about it, as this is how it happens in real life as well.

Archived