CLIMB Checklist did not start

Arclight

New problem for me, and have not seen it around on the forum, so I think I could be the first and possibly only person with this issue.

Checklist runs fine all the way to after takeoff checklist.

However, during climb, co-pilot does not set barometer to STD after transition altitude. Left the aircraft to climb to cruise altitude after setting barometer to STD myself. Upon reaching cruise, (and hoping the checklist randomly continues) checklist does not resume since all options are unavailable on right MCDU. Co-pilot doesn't extend table tray either.

Installed up to 1.03b and Hot fix 3 is installed. I did not have this issue prior to Hot fix 3.

Tried the same flight 3 times and each suffered the same issue. Flight is EDDV to BIKF.

Thinking about it now, I have noticed that the message "T.O Inhibit" has appeared on the upper ECAM at take off for each of these flights. As far as I'm aware, I have followed the procedures in the guide. So could this be an issue with continuing on with the checklist during climb?

Update 1: Clean re-installation with no hot fix added. Problem has disappeared. Will hopefully test with hot fix installed this evening. If not, will do so tomorrow afternoon and will provide an update.

Quick query as well. Although I highly doubt it, will AXE have any compatibility issues with VAFS? Had this running during the above explained issues. Turned it off for my test just now and well, as noted, no problems at all.

Confusing one this is.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Alec,

we are already aware of this problem. Did you check that the plane changes into CLB mode because it seems that that the CLIMB checklist did not start. The checklist starts under the following conditions:

• "After TO" CL is no longer active
  • Thrust levers are in Climb mode
  • FMA State = CLB

The only solution I currently can suggest is to set the thrust levers back to FLEX and then carefully back to THR CLB. Maybe this works for now.

Hanse

Hi Hanse, thanks for replying.

Thrust levers are in climb mode, After TO checklist is no longer active, but the FMA jumps straight to ALT CRZ and bypasses CLB.

Tried your suggestion but unfortunately didn't work. I'll put in the original files for now that I backed up until you folks solve the issue. At least it's already known that the problem exists Didn't want to create anymore for you folks.

Many thanks!! :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Alec,

I think so ....... I also just realized that the hotfix 008 is already out ....... Please report if it solved your problem......

Hanse

Archived