Reverse thrust call out

d_mitri

Would it at all be possible to have the FO call out "Reverse thrust" or something similar upon landing?

I go to idle with the retard call and then at slight nose up but after landing it just seems that it would be better to have the FO call out reverse thrust because sometimes I can't even tell if it engaged.

I just did another test flight.

Upon landing throttle was at idle and when I tried to engage reverse thrust either by button push or with the mouse it would not move.

The strange thing again is before the flight I tested it on the ground and it worked perfectly.

The checklist did hang on baro reference this time and I noticed the strobes and landing lights were not shut off after turning to taxi. I wonder if a checklist hangs it won't go through the required steps on the ground.

The checklist did hang on baro reference this time and I noticed the strobes and landing lights were not shut off after turning to taxi. I wonder if a checklist hangs it won't go through the required steps on the ground.

Hi d_mitri

did you check your unite measure in FSX if it was set to Hybrid "(feet, milibars)" ??

as i had this problem before, and to continue the checklist i had to change the baro setting in the panel from QNH to Hg !!

for your Thrust Reverser next time when you land push F1 quick and then hold down F2 for a few seconds you should hear the Thrust Reversers Click sound as it engages and the FO should say Reverse Green. It works for me maybe it will work for you too.

Cheers

Yes welchb21 that did work for me for the first time. F1 then F2 from idle detent.

It must have something to do with the key assignment on my joystick that works for other planes but not the Airbus.

It works for me too but only if I quickly press F1 prior to F2. The thrust lever of my joystick is in the lowest possible position and the Airbus thrust lever is in idle detent but I remarked that my joysticks lowest position still is about 1% of thrust so that could be why it does not work without pressing F1.

Archived