EDDM ILS RWY 8L

cosmicstar23

I just did a flight on Prepar3D from EDDH to EDDM to land on RWY8L and everything went smooth the entire flight until I was about to land! When I tried to land, the AIrbus X Extended did not notice the ILS (there where no pink diamond indicators for localizer and glideslope). I know I did have the right NAV1 frequency selected (I got the ILS frequencies from this chart: http://nav.vatsim-ge...-01_ILS_08L.pdf). I turned around and then did an ILS for RWY26L and that worked without any problems (the auto landing is pretty smooth)!

This is the route that I took:

EDDH NOLGO UL190 KEMAD UN851 MASEK UL126 DINKU UL603 RENLO ABGA1A EDDM

Maybe you guys can figure out why it couldn't recognize the ILS for RWY8L. I'm not sure if that's a problem from Prepar3D or the Airbus X Extended!

Keep up the great work!

Hi,

That would be a problem with the frequency. Don't trust the chart too much, you should verify in FSX itself what the ILS frequency is for that runway, and if you have an addon for EDDM check with the manual to verify the frequency. Sometimes they change, and with FSX being 6 years old and your scenery maybe a few years as well, and not even counting how old the charts are, they may not be correct. The good news though is that the ILS on 26L worked for you. That signifies you're good to go as far as the Extended is concerned.

Hi,

That would be a problem with the frequency. Don't trust the chart too much, you should verify in FSX itself what the ILS frequency is for that runway, and if you have an addon for EDDM check with the manual to verify the frequency. Sometimes they change, and with FSX being 6 years old and your scenery maybe a few years as well, and not even counting how old the charts are, they may not be correct. The good news though is that the ILS on 26L worked for you. That signifies you're good to go as far as the Extended is concerned.

ok thanks!

Archived