Virtual Airlines , Need some help

al1234

Ok so in the last 2 days i have been going in circles to figure out how to fly on line and how to join a Virtual ailine because i am very interasted ?

so after so many readings i downloaded FSInn and set up my account with vatsim but FSInn gave me a Lot of problems

so i uninstalled it and installed squawk box and it is working perfect ,,

i also managed to signup with a Virtual airline but some how i cant email or reach there staff members

So My question is Can any one please tell me where should i Put these 2 files coz they asked me to download them

( FSPAX Config File and the XAcars File ) one is a ini file and the other is Xml file

my other Question will be if there is any one here on this Board will be kind and pretty much hand guid me and show me all the tips and tricks ,, i feel i little lost when i connect , i end up with a Tower telling me i am not in his airspace go to a different frequance i go there and sit and wait no one is there ,, i cant figure this out

any Guidance please

i Live in Germany so any of the German airports like EDDF EDDM EDDH will suit me for a HUB

and Please forgive me if i posted this on the wrong form

thank you will be waiting

For your second question: You should start a pilot training course offered regulary by VATSIM or just make an entry in the VATSIM Germany forums. They will provide you with all the informations you'll need to fly online. BTW, a tower is just responsible for his own airport and not for the airspace around him. The earliest possiblity to contact him is when you're established on the ILS at his own airport!

The frequency you're getting if you're not is more propably UNICOM on 122.800 which is the general frequency used if no ATC station is online for your area.

I very much recomment reading the VATSIM manuals or you'll run into deep problems there. They are all available in Germany language at the VATSIM Germany area.

I can't answer your VA Questions as the answer will be different at every VA.

Thank you for the quick reply

so when they ask me to go to 122.8 what should i do next just taxi and take of ?? or flip back to FSX and ask for Runway as normal ? i cant figure this out

and there is pretty much no one on 122.8 :)

On 122.8 you are supposed to report any movement on ground and anything important you'd have to be cleared for by ATC in the air.. So you'll have to report Pushback, start of taxying and where you go, crossing runways, takeoff. In the air it's good if you report any direct you're giving yourself and if you enter a STAR/Transition. Next is established on the ILS and after you've landet report that the runway is vacated and to which gate you're taxying.

That's a basic summarisation and I hope I didn't forget anything :)

It's quite normal that there's not that much going on on UNICOM as the range of it is reduced to your local area and also by far not every pilot is reporting everything he should report ;)

ok great info ,, so is there a way i can know that in a cretin area is an active tower with traffic ?? so this way i can start my Departure from there and learn a Little bit instead of flying to them

any suggestions how to find out what is up and running ??

many thanks

Ok so in the last 2 days i have been going in circles to figure out how to fly on line and how to join a Virtual ailine because i am very interasted ?

As Emi is already answering your questions regarding online-flying, i will take a step at this one ;)

You already mentioned that you live in germany, so i guess you are speaking german. If you want to join a Virtual Airlines, i can recommend the German Airlines VA, visit us here: http://www.german-airlines.de/?site=start

If you have any questions regarding this VA, you can ask me (via PM, gerne auch in deutsch ;) )

The German Airlines VA offers a kind of flight training school, where we teach things like Onlineflying, handling of different addons, navigation etc. The main theme of our next event (taking place in the first week of january) is "My first Online Flight". Would be nice to see you joining this event ;)

With kind regards,

Alex

PS. The German Airlines VA allows offline flights as well, so you can start slowly ;)

lol as Alexander is already starting with advertisement I also have to ;)

I'm flying for Leipzigair VA, the biggest VA in Germany.

We're also offering online, as well as offline flights and we also offer training courses for online flying. A friend of mine did one a while ago and now he's a frequent online flyer ;)

I believe it's best to let our website speak for it's own, rather then doing all this advertisement stuff here :)

Check out our VA here: http://www.leipzigair.de/index2.php

Ok i think we are now talking :) Just a Fast update i have been living here in germany only for 2 years now with my german wife

i was stationed here Ramstein Air Base but i dont think my german is up to your expectations , but if you get stuck on word please write it in deutch my wife is always on the helping side :)

so the only thing that is stopping me from restringing is our communication other then this i would love to start

waiting for your feed back

Dankeschon

Don't worry, a language problem shouldn't stop you from flying. In the end we all speak a little english to help you out :)

Just sign up and see how it goes.

Archived