DIRECT-TO problems

bigo

Hello,

Route from OSDI(23L) to LCLK at FL240 :LEBOR UR655 BALMA B15 ALSUS M978 RUDER R78 SOBOS

After DAM/5000 tried to do a DIRECT-TO:ADRAA, AP turned but failed to intercept previously calculated path. Turned the aircraft to intercept the precalculated path(was on path), and tried DIRECT-TO:LEBOR, ACFT made a turn and remained west of the path untill it passed west of LEBOR and continued northern direction.

SPEED/HDG/ALT:MANAGED ( dot ) A/THR:ON A/P1:ON THRUST LEVERS:CL

FMGS Log attached.FMGS_OSDI-LCLK.zip

[uPDATE] What I have forgotten to mention is the above route has been tried two times, on separate day with the same problem, HOWEVER, I have tried the following route now EKCH(04R) to EKBI(09) at FL160 ODN L975 RIDSI and made a DIRECT-TO:LOKSA ( for RWY 27 ) and DIRECT-TO:GELBA( RWY 09 ) and it worked correctly. It seems the problem is dependant on the route. In the problematic route, the pilot must cross DAM at 5000ft or hold, this part is drawn strangely on the dsiplay, so I would suggest looking closer at the T/O to DAM section of LEBOR1 departure ( and the hold ) for answers.

Here's a screenshot of a 60nm long hold over DAM:

post-71979-0-25342700-1355953837_thumb.p

Here's a screenshot of the initial DIRECT-TO:ADRAA ( just after initiating ):

post-71979-0-80152100-1355953950_thumb.p

Here's a screenshot of the final position west of ADRAA, the aircraft would maintain this HDG up to MALLA( next waypoint after ADRAA ) DIRECT-TO is initiated: post-71979-0-14183200-1355954002_thumb.p

<UPDATE 10.01.2012>

I can say that there are no DIRECT-TO problems since switching to the Navigraph AIRAC. Bus was updated to 102c since the original post. I will update if it proves otherwise.

Thanks for you hard work,

Semir

• 3 weeks later...

I can report similar problem while departing from RWY 25L LEBL and trying a Direct To MOPAS (LEBL MOPAS ASPET AGN TIRAV UT183 DEGEX UN490 TERKU UN864 DIKAS MONTY EGCC).

SID was MOPA3Q. After departing, ATC told me to go direct to MOPAS so I set it on MCDU.

The aircraft turned left so I had to set HDG to reach the intersection.

As I was under APP control, I could not test to see where the aircraft was going (maybe she would follow original SID procedure).

Needs to be investigated...

Regards

Schmid

Hi guys,

DIR TO's and holds are currently being worked on, and has been stated in a few threads already. Stand by for the next hotfix/service pack.

• 2 months later...

Archived