NavDataPro Transition

Qowy

Hi, is there something wrong with the transitions in Nav data pro. Had the problem with EDDH and now checked it at EDDF:

Nav Data pro PSA25S RNAV transition:

as1om.jpg

With Navigraph (after clearing duplicate entries...):

as2uro.jpg

I can confirm this.

And it is not a NavDataPro issue. It also happens with Navigraph.

Did 2 flights yesterday:

EGGD -> EGPH

ILS06

Transition: TLA

LGIR -> LGAV

ILS03L-Z

Transition: KEA

Attempted the same approach-transition today (LCLK -> LGAV). I got the same thing (a semi-circle) on the ND (flightplan mode). And I know from yesterday, that this is not just a cosmetic glitch on the ND. The aircraft does indeed fly this weird path, unless NAV mode is disengaged.

This seems to happen always when all the following conditions are met:

- the route does not pass directly, but very closeby, to the previous waypoint from the FAF (final approach fix)

- the turn very close (but not above) this previous waypoint has to start when a certain radial-heading from the FAF (or some other fix) is intercepted

The aircraft, instead of starting the turn towards the FAF when the radial-heading is intercepted, it continues straight ahead, passes over the previous waypoint, and then executes a semi-circle whose diameter is defined by the previous waypoint and the FAF

So it seems, that there is a very serious problems with interception waypoints.

This is very serious. It is critical.

I am surprised how they missed that with so many hundreds of manhours of testing, during all these months.

Here are the pictures:

In each case (first EGPH then LGAV), what the aircraft should do, and what it does instead:

post-71172-0-37301700-1356027330.png post-71172-0-13336200-1356027340.png

post-71172-0-55215300-1356027351.png post-71172-0-62793600-1356027357.png

Got one Question:

I've got NavData Pro, I got AEX and downloaded the ACARS file for it thru Aerosoft Servers, but I only have appearing choice in FMC SID and STARS, no TRANSITIONS, so how do you manage to get them ?

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this.

And it is not a NavDataPro issue. It also happens with Navigraph.

Did 2 flights yesterday:

EGGD -> EGPH

ILS06

Transition: TLA

LGIR -> LGAV

ILS03L-Z

Transition: KEA

Attempted the same approach-transition today (LCLK -> LGAV). I got the same thing (a semi-circle) on the ND (flightplan mode). And I know from yesterday, that this is not just a cosmetic glitch on the ND. The aircraft does indeed fly this weird path, unless NAV mode is disengaged.

This seems to happen always when all the following conditions are met:

- the route does not pass directly, but very closeby, to the previous waypoint from the FAF (final approach fix)

- the turn very close (but not above) this previous waypoint has to start when a certain radial-heading from the FAF (or some other fix) is intercepted

The aircraft, instead of starting the turn towards the FAF when the radial-heading is intercepted, it continues straight ahead, passes over the previous waypoint, and then executes a semi-circle whose diameter is defined by the previous waypoint and the FAF

So it seems, that there is a very serious problems with interception waypoints.

This is very serious. It is critical.

I am surprised how they missed that with so many hundreds of manhours of testing, during all these months.

Here are the pictures:

In each case (first EGPH then LGAV), what the aircraft should do, and what it does instead:

post-71172-0-37301700-1356027330.png post-71172-0-13336200-1356027340.png

post-71172-0-55215300-1356027351.png post-71172-0-62793600-1356027357.png

An update on this with v1.03:

Behavior is better, but still not the correct one:

1. The user is still not presented with the approach transitions (in this case KEA, EGN, PELAG etc.) to choose from. (however, perhaps it is selected automatically based on the final fix of the selected STAR - here it was KEA and it was properly selected)

2. This is what the aircraft does in v1.03: (in 2 different zoom levels for clarity):

post-71172-0-20852400-1357861470_thumb.p post-71172-0-72813100-1357861473_thumb.p

Instead of setting a course of 265 from KEA, and then having to do two successive turns based on different radial interception each:

post-71172-0-24188500-1357861873_thumb.p

it ignores all this completely and flies directly to the CI03L fix (it is the D11 SAT fix on the Navigraph chart).

Archived