San Francisco project is dead?

ClaudiaAUT

it is gone off the release list and I read that the designer mr kozma is not with aerosoft at more

can you say if this confirmed?

thank you! I hope this is a wrong information but usually that people say correct things.

merry christmas form austria

it is gone off the release list and I read that the designer mr kozma is not with aerosoft at more

can you say if this confirmed?

thank you! I hope this is a wrong information but usually that people say correct things.

merry christmas form austria

It's still on the list. First half of 2006.

http://www.aerosoft.com/shop-us/links/release.html

• 4 weeks later...
well, the project is not doing well, let's put it that way.

why not put it the way it really is?

i.e. is it delayed, cancelled, are there problems, if so then which, is Andras really not here any more, ... etc ... it's obvious that "the project is not doing well" after a two year delay ...

I don't see the reason for the secrecy ... are there so many San Fran sceneries by competitors out there? ... potential customers like me surely are interested in the status ...

... of course I would welcome positive news ...

sad though, as we have already seen great screenshots ... ! so there has to be some scenery out there somewhere?

:cry:

• Aerosoft

why not put it the way it really is?

i.e. is it delayed, cancelled, are there problems, if so then which, is Andras really not here any more, ... etc ... it's obvious that "the project is not doing well" after a two year delay ...

I don't see the reason for the secrecy ... are there so many San Fran sceneries by competitors out there? ... potential customers like me surely are interested in the status ...

... of course I would welcome positive news ...

sad though, as we have already seen great screenshots ... ! so there has to be some scenery out there somewhere?

:cry:

Actually, we have not yet discussed with Andras what to do, but I will do so soon. There are some screenshots, but it's highly fragmented and not usable in any way. It's really not secrecy, when we got something to hide we'll always say so, in this case it is rather more a question of not knowing.

The fact there are a lot of other projects covering the same region and the fact that making it copatible with all of them is just impossible do not really help of course.

thank you for the update - must have been a misunderstanding, I thought it was an "in-house-project" where the powers-that-be always know what's going on!

Sad news, but perhaps something can be salvaged ... Alcatraz, the harbor, all looking very nice ...

I know quite a few designers that have tons of "unfinished" products....And truth be known, there are some I wish they'd finish too :lol:

But in all serious, I've noticed that when a designer HAS to do something rather than WANTS to do something, that's when long delays can occur..

But in all seriousness, I've noticed that when a designer HAS to do something rather than WANTS to do something, that's when long delays can occur..

I've not heard a more true statement. :wink:

• Aerosoft

I've not heard a more true statement. :wink:

For certain projects that is very true, but a lot that we do is very professional and done by people who work nearly full time for us. In those case we are just talking about a day job. Fs is my job, not my hobby were my boss (and our customers) expect me to behave professional. Aerosoft is a pretty structured and organised organisation with a lot of people, if people don't like what they do they have a professional problem.

It is a fact of course that a product done with a lot of 'love' often will be better. Without saying anyhting about the others, but products like the Super Cub, Seahawk, Scenery Germany 3 and Mega Scenery Frankfurt were obviously done by people who liked what they were doing.

...but products like the Super Cub, Seahawk, Scenery Germany 3 and Mega Scenery Frankfurt were obviously done by people who liked what they were doing.

That is VERY obvious by the result. :D

• 3 weeks later...

But in all serious, I've noticed that when a designer HAS to do something rather than WANTS to do something, that's when long delays can occur..

Very true kofi, I have had art/design projects I have done on commission under a deadline and it's hard to "turn on" creativity at times.

• 7 months later...
tried to find it, but there was another message on it. The product for FS2004 is indeed dead and I am not in a position to comment on a FSx version. We should have a small free thing to make up for it soon however.

thank you for the update, Mathijs!

I hope Andras is well and still around with you guys! :D