Question about FS2Crew RAAS Runway Awareness and Advisory Sytsem

Velocity

Hello dear aerosoft team.

Yesterday I red, that in your Airbus X the RAAS will be contained. It is the RAAS of the upcoming FS2Crew RAAS.

Can you please tell how it will work in your Airbus?

Will all callouts be availible? Also male and female, Meters and feet?

Thank you

• Aerosoft

Hello dear aerosoft team.

Yesterday I red, that in your Airbus X the RAAS will be contained. It is the RAAS of the upcoming FS2Crew RAAS.

Can you please tell how it will work in your Airbus?

Will all callouts be availible? Also male and female, Meters and feet?

Thank you

All call outs will be available and the sound files are very realistic, not sure if that's a male or female voice btw. It's what the real one uses that's all I know.

See here for all callouts: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/57072-features/

Thanks for Information.

In reality both are availible, male and female. For distance callouts and for warnings like "LONG LANDING LONG LANDING".

Hope that we can see some domvideos to see if there are any bugs.

There are many configuration options like in reality like: units, voice, if you like to hear the units after number like 5000 feet remaining , 4000 feet remaining , 3000 feetremaining , or just the numbers 5000 remaining, 4000 remaining and many more options.

• Aerosoft

Thanks for Information.

In reality both are availible, male and female. For distance callouts and for warnings like "LONG LANDING LONG LANDING".

Hope that we can see some domvideos to see if there are any bugs.

There are many configuration options like in reality like: units, voice, if you like to hear the units after number like 5000 feet remaining , 4000 feet remaining , 3000 feetremaining , or just the numbers 5000 remaining, 4000 remaining and many more options.

Did not know about the different voices! The tool comes with a complete configuration screen but we are not sure if we will include that in the version that is build into the Airbus X Extended. We have some information on how it is used by all airlines that have it in the A320/321 and we might just fix it that way, we'll see. The full tool of course, that will work with all aircraft will have the options.

It is good to note that the tool uses the NavDataPro (LIDO) database so it should be fully up to date on runways etc.

On honeywell website there is a pdf which gives lots of informations about the config options. There it is also mentioned that you can select male and female voice. Also I saw a video on youtube, whe you could ere the male voice calling the remainig distance in feet.

I`m not so experienced with fs2 crew, but will the RAAS be installed in the panel folder and added in the panel.cfg?

Here are some examples of customers for RAAS:

Lufthansa all aircrafts

Air France

Emirates 777-300ER and others

Condor 757, 767

Turkish Airlines 777-300ER (they use feet unit for remaining distance)

Egyptair 777-300ER

Air Austral 737-800

Alaska Airlines 737 NG

Probably : ryanair, Fedex, United Airlines

However RAAS is a future tool which becomes more and more interesting for airlines.

The first time it was used in 2006 in a 747-400 of Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Systems developed with honeywell RAAS, I had red.