Antarctica X and Rex Essentials

Pleco

I've been trying to get Antarctica X to work with Rex Essential. So far I've been unable to do so.

Is it possible to run Antarctica X with Rex Essential weather? At the moment I keep getting a default clear-day setting. I can't stand the snow weather in the default MSFS software, but without being able to run Rex Essential it looks like I'm stuck with it.

Has anyone managed to get these to work together?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, this is due to there not being any weather stations in the Antarctic for REX to download weather from. You might want to ask on their forum about generationg weather for the continent. You could always use REX to make your own weather theame.

• Upvote 1

You could always use REX to make your own weather theame.

Btw: In the manual we mentioned some good weather sources that can be used for that.

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

Thanks.

You would have thought that with all the weather stations in the Antarctic collecting data about global warming that someone would have bothered to upload some of the data. I guess there's not a lot of call for it for real-life general aviation. Or maybe its just REX.

I did try to generate weather using their random weather generator but each time I've tried the software has hung. I'll give it another go.

I'll have another look at the manual later, too.

Dan