Autogen merging tool?

altstiff

Is this possible at all?

For example, some developers when installing custom autogen (France VFR for example), just use their own SPB files. Such as "RoofDescription.spb" and do not merge them with other files. So, if you have say, Iceland X installed, this gets over written with the FVFR file and you will not see the autogen from Iceland X. If I have two seperate RoofDescription.spb files and want to merge them into one file how would one do this?

I understand they have a SPB to XML converter and that the FSX DVD has an XML to SPB converter but I have no idea how to use it.

Am I making any sense?

Has to be an easier way than using the converters and CMD prompts and I am dumbfounded that more people don't have this issue.

I do not think this is possible without getting into massive compatibility projects.

How does Aerosoft manage to merge these files without destroying what was already there?

For example, if I install Corfu X is does not destroy the previous file. Something in the installer that adds the custom autogen still preserves the previous autogen that was there before it. Aerosoft has the right idea as nothing I have installed from AS has wreck my autogen. I wish other developers could do the same.

• Aerosoft

How does Aerosoft manage to merge these files without destroying what was already there?

For example, if I install Corfu X is does not destroy the previous file. Something in the installer that adds the custom autogen still preserves the previous autogen that was there before it. Aerosoft has the right idea as nothing I have installed from AS has wreck my autogen. I wish other developers could do the same.

I read you brother, it would save us so many hours in support.